Sydney Hotel suggestions - Dec 2015!!

We are flying up from Melbourne on the 28th December 2015 for our cruise leaving on the 29th December 2015.

Having trouble finding accommodation for 4 adults & 2 children for a reasonable price. I know it is Christmas New Year period, so that doesn't help.

Does anyone have any hotel suggestions close to the Cruise Terminal?

Thanks so much

I stayed last month at parkroyal darling harbour, got it for $140 for a twin but I don't think it would work for your family.

I know a family who cruise out of Sydney often and they always book the YHA at the rocks. They get a family room and would never consider staying anywhere else. Don't think YHA think, comfortable hotel without all the unnecessary trimmings. They tell me the view from the rooftop is the best in Sydney.

Thanks for the info Tara Jane, we got 3 rooms at the Park Royal for $185 each. Pretty good deal for one night :)

Now to book flights :)

That's a good deal, the only thing is you will probably need a Taxi to the terminal are you leaving White Bay or OPT?

Taxi to the OPT was $20 at 12 noon ish on a Monday morning.

The parkroyal was great, we had a twin room so 2 double beds, and a very easy walk to darling harbour. Make sure you ask the consierge for directions to darling harbour as they will show you a very short easy way to get there through the back of the hotel rather than going up zillions of steps. My friend has difficulty walking but we managed to get around there just fine. We did a walk around darling harbour, taxi to manley and back, dinner at circular quay, then train back to town hall station and to the hotel. The website says 2 mins walk from the station but it was closer to 5 or a bit more. just a bit tricky trying to get out of the station.