Wrigley80's Excellent Adventure on the Dream Photo Review - December 4-15, 2014

wrigley80

[QUlOTE=wrigley80;45117147]CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers184_zps43a49192.jpg

Pam and Danielle. Pam and I are great friends. She is an original Krewe member

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers185_zpse1af58a1.jpg

Our flower girl baskets....aren't they cute

Carnival did a beautiful job on the wedding and reception. The reception was a 2-hour open bar in Sam's Piano Bar. Now I am not one for big church weddings. If the time comes for me to get married I will definitely think about doing it on a Carnival ship. Everything was beautiful

Wrigley...holy crap, I know Danielle!!! Our daughters play softball together and she literally lives across the street from us! That's awesome! I've never met Mrs. Pam, her mom, but her sister in law and I are good friends as our daughters also play softball together and are in the same class! Small world!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Haha. Wow that's a small world. Well the next time you see her tell her I said Hello. I talk to her mom all the time.

You never know who you're going to see on a cruise. [emoji2]

Thanks for the review. I was on the Dream in July and didn't have a great experience. Hopefully it was just an off week!

I'm sure that cruising is a different experience for everyone. Everyone has different tastes and expectations going into a cruise.

We had an absolutely wonderful time. Hopefully your next cruise is better for you.

Thanks for checking out my review

Yeah there is definitely a lot to take in during the trip down the river. I'd love to take that trip during the summer when it stays light out longer

Hope I'm not invading your tread aba20509ded913885afb50c33c81cdb9.jpg

1ffdf3d9a16c0c550e56dcb32c4d7839.jpg

From when I did the conquest August, 2012

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers174_zps9e177d9f.jpg

Our friends got married in Chambers Lounge (it is the conference room on Deck 4 mid-ship).

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers176_zps266ee733.jpg

The groom is striking a pose while waiting for his bride

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers177_zpsfee138f6.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers181_zps5817cb78.jpg

Yep that's right I was a Flower Girl in the wedding. And as you can tell by our shirts the wedding theme was skulls and roses. :) The bride loves skulls

She would have loved my nephews wedding cake! He and his bride belonged to a heavy metal band and their cake was purple with black roses, silver skulls and chains!

She would have loved my nephews wedding cake! He and his bride belonged to a heavy metal band and their cake was purple with black roses, silver skulls and chains!

I never did get a pic of their cake but it also had skulls and roses on it.....

OK I am back with some more review today. I am at work wishing I was on a cruise. It is -4 below today....:mad: I hate winter

So after out meet and greet our KREWE headed to Tea Time. Tea Time will never be the same....haha

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers229_zpsca30f126.jpg

Smokey is showing me his napkin....not sure why

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers230_zps4c29afde.jpg

I can't remember what I had but it was really good cause I forgot to get a pic

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers231_zpse8eafb74.jpg

Our KREWE all had matching shirts on with a Fleur De Lis and the KREWE of NOLA KRUISERS

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers232_zps0dc4d5e9.jpg

Linda is taking a picture of me while I am taking a picture of her....haha

Ok so remember when I mentioned that I got another chicken hat. My friend, Pam, that I posted a picture of at the wedding brought me a gift because I helped her find price drops for this cruise.

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers236_zps818d475d.jpg

Thus we have the introduction of Bessie (Yes....I named my hat Bessie). Leading up to this cruise there was an ongoing joke between Sam and I about Chicken Feet. On our first pre-cruise day when we were at their house Sam said he was going to make me eat chicken feet so it just become this ongoing joke.....even to the point where I received surprise gifts in the mail from him

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers237_zpsf24300cc.jpg

This was a perfect gift from Pam. I loved my new hat....I wore it every day on the cruise. It even become a joke among the entertainment host when I didn't wear it to trivia once.....she said I would lose my lucky mojo at trivia cause I didn't have Bessie with me. She was right to I didn't win :p

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers238_zps1ffd609f.jpg

Sam is now wearing Bessie and showing off his new critter friend

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers239_zps6b4846bb.jpg

I have no words for this pic.....Bessie felt a little violated :p

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers241_zps0c02f005.jpg

Dana was taking out her frustrations on Bessie...haha

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers246_zpsf3795afe.jpg

Poor Bessie...

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers247_zpsf91ec2be.jpg

Bam Bam was about to run over by Steve

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers248_zpsaea073a3.jpg

There's a whole lotta chicken in this pic....lol

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers249_zps36ef4222.jpg

Apparently Bam Bam drinks Miller Lite

So after Tea Time we headed back to the cabin to get ready for Formal night (my least favorite part about cruising) but I always go for the lobster and BBQ ribs

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers255_zpsfbed23ab.jpg

It was a quiet night up in the Lido area....I guess everyone wans lobster too

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers256_zps816b2364.jpg

And nobody in the pool either....

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers257_zps81ec363f.jpg

I would say that my dad looks very handsome

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers258_zps192c482a.jpg

Formal night selfie with my best buddy

So anyone who has my read any of my reviews in the past will know that I don't complain about much onboard but the only complaint I had with this cruise was the AFT elevators. Only 2 of the 4 were working during the whole cruise. This was awful when we were trying to get to dinner and especially difficult when we were leaving the dining room each night.

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers259_zps20171f7b.jpg

Notice the "X" above the elevator....it was like this all week and it was the same 2 elevators all week. On formal night when we left the dining room I bet we waited 40 minutes for an elevator. My dad can't do stairs and it is unreal how rude people can be :mad: OK there was my rant....I am done now and that was my only complaint of the whole cruise

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers261_zps8d4c1dbc.jpg

Even after so many cruises these maps by the elevators still come in handy

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers262_zps7d1e11ac.jpg

My starter was the Spaghetti Carbonara....it was very good

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers263_zpsea2dd8fb.jpg

And I tried the alligator fritters

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers265_zps09e88dc5.jpg

I loved the lights in the Scarlett Dining Room

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers266_zps81b3f54b.jpg

My lobster....I think I like the shrimp more than the lobster but they were both yummy

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers267_zps40fb2d2b.jpg

The ribs were delicious

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers268_zps949e5ec8.jpg

The dining staff were singing to us tonight

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers275_zps0c413185.jpg

The happy couple

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers278_zpsa5cae48c.jpg

Lisa and Jeremy from Mississippi

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers280_zps5f3e409b.jpg

Me and my buddy

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers281_zps60773cd3.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers283_zps1d8dc946.jpg

For dessert tonight we had leftover wedding cake....I swear this was like the cake that never went away. We were still eating on it on night 6 of the cruise. After about 2 nights I had enough

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers284_zps2f10d385.jpg

The waiters holding up a napkin so Glo and Smokey could kissie kissie...haha

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers287_zps761dbf17.jpg

So after dinner we made our way back through the Lido Deck back to our cabin to change out of our formal clothes

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers289_zps22e39b80.jpg

I love the Hot Chocolate machine....can I get one of those at home please??

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers290_zpsfc471ffd.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers291_zpsd4f35b8e.jpg

And who doesn't love 24-hour ice cream

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers293_zpscd9db86f.jpg

And when we got back to the cabin...this little guy was waiting for us

I just had to let you know that I have just been laughing so hard at your posts with Bessie the chicken hat...too funny!!! I'd love to cruise with you guys sometime, I think it would be a lot of fun. And so glad to see Carnival has added Spaghetti Carbonara back into the menu. That is probably my favorite Carnival main dining room meal and they didn't have it on our Liberty cruise last April with the new menus. I guess I'm not the only one who liked it and wanted it back. Sorry for the interruption but I just had to tell you how much I enjoyed the last installment and I'm really looking forward to more. Thanks for the good laugh! :)

I have only worked 4-1/2 days in the last 2 weeks and I was so bummed to come in to work today. All of that changed when I logged in to Cruise Critic and saw a new review from you. It totally made my day! I am only on page 5 but I'm looking forward to reading the rest.

My Dad is a huge LSU fan but he is an even bigger Notre Dame fan. My cousin graduated from Notre Dame and my Dad has been a fan for as long as I can remember. He was so torn about watching the game and rooting for either team but said he knew he had to root for his beloved Irish!

A few years ago we went to a LSU game. We tailgated with some friends of my Dads that live in Louisiana and have season tickets. It was really an awesome experience!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and sharing it with all of us!

I just had to let you know that I have just been laughing so hard at your posts with Bessie the chicken hat...too funny!!! I'd love to cruise with you guys sometime, I think it would be a lot of fun. And so glad to see Carnival has added Spaghetti Carbonara back into the menu. That is probably my favorite Carnival main dining room meal and they didn't have it on our Liberty cruise last April with the new menus. I guess I'm not the only one who liked it and wanted it back. Sorry for the interruption but I just had to tell you how much I enjoyed the last installment and I'm really looking forward to more. Thanks for the good laugh! :)

Oh yeah Bessie was a real hit on the cruise. People that I didn't even know would see me out and about on the ship and ask me where Bessie was. People asked me for pics with Bessie. It was so much fun. Bessie definitely enjoyed the cruise too [emoji215][emoji12][emoji215]

I always order the Spaghetti Carbonara as a starter when I see it on the menu. This time was probably one of the best that I have had

I have only worked 4-1/2 days in the last 2 weeks and I was so bummed to come in to work today. All of that changed when I logged in to Cruise Critic and saw a new review from you. It totally made my day! I am only on page 5 but I'm looking forward to reading the rest.

My Dad is a huge LSU fan but he is an even bigger Notre Dame fan. My cousin graduated from Notre Dame and my Dad has been a fan for as long as I can remember. He was so torn about watching the game and rooting for either team but said he knew he had to root for his beloved Irish!

A few years ago we went to a LSU game. We tailgated with some friends of my Dads that live in Louisiana and have season tickets. It was really an awesome experience!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and sharing it with all of us!

Happy to hear that I could keep you occupied at work. That's where I've been doing my review. I upload the pics at home at night and then work on the review at work.....it's keeping me occupied at work [emoji6][emoji12][emoji6]

I was really torn with the game as well. I am a huge Notre Dame and with all my new friends being LSU fans I have become a fan of LSU as well. I made a bet with them leading up to the game that if Notre Dame won that they had to buy me a drink well the Irish won so it looks like I'm gonna be well hydrated on my visit to Baton Rouge and New Orleans next month.

There is still a lot more of my review to come so be sure to come back and check it out

I'm with you on formal nights. I am on vacation and I want to eat when I want to eat, and I don't want to dress up! Assigned dining and sitting at large tables is not for us, and even though I am a real friendly person I don't like sitting with other people when I'm eating. Table for 2 please!

Thanks for your great review, loving it.