Need information on WINK

Just read the following about WINK in an e-mail we received from RCCL.

Haven't read a word about this venue. Can anyone tell me where is it and a little more info about it?

"WINK

With class and sass—and your inhibitions left at the door—Royal Caribbean Productions invites you to an adults-only diversion, infusing the best of cabaret-style performance art, premium spirits, and late-night club life into one smashing event."

Just read the following about WINK in an e-mail we received from RCCL.

Haven't read a word about this venue. Can anyone tell me where is it and a little more info about it?

"WINK

With class and sass—and your inhibitions left at the door—Royal Caribbean Productions invites you to an adults-only diversion, infusing the best of cabaret-style performance art, premium spirits, and late-night club life into one smashing event."

Wink is (supposed to be) a show in the music hall featuring the cast of the Royal Theater.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/entertainment/music-hall/

rcc268_052.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

I had not heard yet whether they have ever run the planned 'Mamma Mia after party' in the Music Hall?

Did the email only mention the supposed 'Wink'?

They "ran" the Mamma Mia after Party on the 12/1 sailing though I don't think they realized they were since it amounted to nothing. They listed it in the compass, a ton of people packed Music Hall after Mamma Mia, they announced it over the intercom system, and then nothing happened. The DJ just kept playing music and it eventually just slid into a normal nightly club mode. No sorry we're not doing this or anything. During the CC M&M they even mentioned they would be doing it, said what it would entail, and recommended we all attend.

As far as Wink, I heard a lot about shows that were coming in the future, this was not one of them. Not even the slightest mention of it or a logo left on the TVs. It was simply nonexistent onboard so I had assumed they changed their mind since it went against the family style they are pushing for the brand. If it really does involve the Royal Theater cast I honestly can't see them doing anything to "adult only".

They seem to have had a slow start for these 'entertain-events' They really appealed to me. To me it seemed Wink might involve those involved with Starwater, but was unsure as the event was not offered or mentioned on my sailing.

The Mamma Mia after party was a really good idea, but with the timing of the shows seemed odd. This would have been ideal with a 8:30 or 9:30 performance with movement directly after the show to the Music Hall.

Having been to the premier of Mamma Mia on the West End and having experienced the show in 8 countries, this would have been easily done as Mamma Mia usually ends with an 'audience participation' segment. This was really not the case on Quantum.

That said, of the three premiers I experienced on cruise ships in 2014, Legally Blond on the Norwegian Getaway, Cats on the Oasis and Mamma Mia on Quantum, the Quantum production was certainly by far the best of any show I have seen at sea.

The best use I had previously seen of a public space on a RCI ship was actually the 'cabaret show' provided by the two leads from Hairspray, Jim J Bullock and Amy Hillner in the Oasis' Viking Crown Lounge that was removed on Oasis to make way for the new Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

It was too bad they could not yet get it together to make full use of the Music Hall, but I do think the other passengers really enjoyed the cover band concept (tribute bands), something I personally dislike.

Your email seems to show they intend to soon do better at organizing these events and I wish them success with what seems to be a great concept.

I also was on the Dec 1 sailing and was disappointed that the Mama Mia after party did not happen. It was announced in the Music Hall but no cast members made a appearance nor did they play any Abba music.

The Gatsby Party which is also mentioned along with Wink on their website also did not happen and we had packed costumes for the Gatsby Party thinking it would be similar to the Prohibition Party that is held onboard the Allure. We are sailing again in April and I hope these events are held.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums