Free WiFi in ports?

frites

I will be on the Celebrity Solstice for the 12-day cruise from Sydney to Auckland. I've read on this site other threads that the wifi on the ship is slow and costly.

Are there ample cafes in the ports with free wifi? Hobart, Dunedin, Wellington, Auckland. I will have my laptop. Don't need an internet café.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Free WiFi in city centres

A free WiFi service is available in central Auckland, Rotorua, Wellington and Dunedin.

• Auckland's free WiFi spots

• Rotorua's free WiFi

• Wellington's free WiFi

• Dunedin's free WiFi in the Octagon

Many i-SITE Visitor Information Centres provide free WiFi service

I don't know if there will be ample cafe's with free wifi in the NZ ports but your best bet is while you are exploring keep an eye out for signs with cafe's offering free wifi, and I think Tauranga port offers free wifi as well.

Also many of the McDonalds and Burger Kings here in New Zealand, offer free wifi, so check them out.

and I think a couple of the towns have free wifi in there town center, keep an eye out for signs :).

Hope this helps.

While in NZ , just look for a phone box. Telecom NZ, now called SPARK, have turned the old unused phone boxes into free internet Wi Fi spots.Heres the link for more info. Otherwise ,Public Libraries, McDonalds and many Cafes offer free access.

http://www.spark.co.nz/help/techinasec/freewifizonesnewzealand/?gclid=CIamlcrB7MICFQVxvAodtG4A3A&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CILuwsrB7MICFZeXvAodNKIArw

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

While in NZ , just look for a phone box. Telecom NZ, now called SPARK, have turned the old unused phone boxes into free internet Wi Fi spots.Heres the link for more info. Otherwise ,Public Libraries, McDonalds and many Cafes offer free access.

http://www.spark.co.nz/help/techinasec/freewifizonesnewzealand/?gclid=CIamlcrB7MICFQVxvAodtG4A3A&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CILuwsrB7MICFZeXvAodNKIArw

You have to BE a Telecom/SPARK customer to be able to access there free hotspot, you have to pay other wise to use there's.

Wellington waterfront had free wi fi when we were there a few years ago. understand that most of the city now has free wi fi.

Dunedin's Octagon has free wi fi. you'll see many people sitting outside the visitor information centre using the free wi fi.

we found a wi fi hot spot between the dock and Salamanca Place in Hobart.....just look for the crew busily texting on their phones.