Random thoughts about our Regal B2B 12-7-14 to 12-21-14

ar1950

Wonderful, 53 days. I wish I was now experiencing that anticipation! :cool:

Ok, speaking of positive and good, that brings up something. I was in the piazza watching a couple from Anchorage, AK who were, like, the best dancers ever. A young lady with a Princess uniform came and stood beside me and I said that Princess really needed to hire those two dancers. Not to take away anything from the band that was playing, but, that dancing just enhanced the whole experience. She agreed. And she also asked how we were enjoying the cruise. BTW, this was something that we experienced quite often on the first few days of the first leg of the cruise.

Apparently Princess is taking note of the complaints. I told her that everything was “top shelf”, food, service, crew, they couldn’t be better. She said that was great to hear and thanked me. I then asked what her job was. She said that she was in charge of training and motivating employees. Wow, cool, I said. Well, not so much because she said that it was a tough position to be in. How so (?) I asked. She said a lot of passengers really give the crew members a hard time about really minor issues. She said just this afternoon a crew member came to her in tears and after investigating whatever the problem was it wasn’t anything to do with the crew member. I told her to keep up the good work. We very much appreciate the work that she was doing. Thank you Princess for hiring great employees.

OK, folks, I get it. The cruise is big deal. But, just like life, it is a “process” and you want it to instead be an “experience”. You will more often than not be disappointed with life situations if you are looking for an “experience”. Don’t chew out crew members that are trying their best even if what they do doesn’t live up to your expectations. I told that young lady to keep up the good work and I did not understand that passenger’s attitude. We generally “go with the flow” and would not complain about anything unless it was really egregious. That has yet to happen on any cruise we have been on, Princess or otherwise. It especially didn't happen on this cruise.

This is my thoughts exactly. It is so disparaging to read reviews/posts that "this was wrong, that was wrong" or something even dumber " the sun didn't shine enough" ( yes I actually read that recently). People spend a lot of money for a vacation and from time I could walk and understand, vacation meant fun and most of all relaxation. I try to think of it like a sport. Not every baseball player hits a homerun, but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy the game. Same thing with Cruises. Some are better than others, but above all, I'm grateful for that opportunity to experience that. It's a beautiful feeling inside when you allow yourself to let go and see the glass as half full instead of half empty.

Again, Thank you so much for your time and review

Thank you for your review! Can't wait until Feb when we board.

...BTW, for those who complain about rust and wear on other, older ships the Regal is only 6 months old and the salt sea air does take a toll. We saw a lot of small rusting areas here and there and the crew was daily repainting here and there.

The rust patrol people (guests searching and complaining about rust) always crack me up! They tend to forget that they are floating on an object made of steel in one of the most corrosive environments (salt water), so yes...there will be rust no matter how new or how well maintained the ship is.