Adventure ---check in time phone call??

jimmyvinny

Hi!

My family received a call moments ago with updated check in times by deck for the cruise this upcoming weekend. In 20 years of cruising, we've never had this happen. I know AOS had some noro outbreaks this fall, so is this why they are checking in certain times by deck? Deep cleaning necessary? It was an automated call.

Thanks in advance.

I got the same call, but compasses from a couple weeks ago show events on board starting at 11am. I am still planning on getting to port by or at noon and waiting if need be.

My guess this is a new policy for 2015, and not a noro issue, but I could be wrong.

See you on board, Jimmyvinny!

Plus, looking at your tagline, I assume you're at the very least Platinum in C&A, which means you can arrive at any time (there was also a text message and email which stated Platinum and above can check in at any time from 1pm on).

For reference here is the fulltext email:

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your clients sailing on January 4, 2015, onboard Adventure of the Seas. To enhance the check-in and boarding experience, we ask that guests arrive to the terminal based on the following times.

Guests on deck 10 should arrive for check-in at 1:30 P.M.

Guests on deck 9 should arrive for check-in at 2:00 P.M.

Guests on deck 8 should arrive for check-in at 2:30 P.M.

Guests on deck 7 should arrive for check-in at 3:30 P.M.

Guests on deck 6 should arrive for check-in at 4:00 P.M.

Guests on decks 3 & 2 should arrive for check-in at 5:00 P.M.

We invite our Suite, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald and Platinum guests to arrive anytime between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming your clients onboard the Adventure of the Seas.

Edited by Dajbman22
Added email text

Check in times by deck on AOTS was happening in Nov 14 for the TA out of Southampton. We arrived at about 11 am on 10 deck and a few people where sitting around waiting to board. No sure if boarding times where being enforced or not.

Check in times by deck on AOTS was happening in Nov 14 for the TA out of Southampton. We arrived at about 11 am on 10 deck and a few people where sitting around waiting to board. No sure if boarding times where being enforced or not.

I don't know the typical policy for UK boardings, but I have read that boarding times are enforced for Australian boardings.

I'm leaving this weekend also and no phone call or email. In my online check-in the embarkation time is between 1:30 and 7:00pm. Also we are going with a special activities package and they told us to be at 1:30pm because we have to do the check-in at the port and a check-in inside the boat for the special activities and they want to be over with the registration before the Muster Drill that is at 5:30pm.

Hi!

My family received a call moments ago with updated check in times by deck for the cruise this upcoming weekend. In 20 years of cruising, we've never had this happen. I know AOS had some noro outbreaks this fall, so is this why they are checking in certain times by deck? Deep cleaning necessary? It was an automated call.

Thanks in advance.

They were doing this for the 11/29 and 12/7 sailings out of SJU. I believe it is now done every week. No sign of enforcement. I think tey are just "hoping" that some folks will comply and help alleviate the "gang up" at check-in. I would try to avoid noon-3:00 if you don'r want a line for luggage check-in. Otherwise, go whenever.