Here's what I am packing - is this enough?

cooksforkids

A 7 day cruise will always have 2 semi-formal dinners in the main dining room. You might want to consider taking another formal outfit and depending on your cabin you could have a maximum of 2 power outlets ( not sure how many devices you plan to bring so the multi plug is a good thing to bring.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You could dine with me every night in your underwear and I would not notice. I take a basic long cotton dress, change-out the jewelry etc. Wear it almost every evening.

Sun hats.........less shoes.........and DH's dam belt! :)

A door stop? You must be kidding! In an emergency, time is too precious to break down a door. Likewise, lose the bungee cord on the balcony door, the powerstrips and the personal hair dryers. This is a ship at sea - not your summer cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know why anyone would suggest a doorstop for the cabin on a cruise. Never had a problem. I can see it for a stay on a hotel on land. I've had hotel staff open the door in the middle of the night with their passkeys in more than one country. As a woman traveling alone, I can't put up with that.

We sail NCL and never bring any dress clothes or dress shoes. We always look nice but hate to dress up on a cruise. I bring a lot of bathing suits, covers, tee shirts and shorts for daytime and capris and pretty tops for me and nice shorts, Kaki's and polos for hubby for night. You can never have enough casual wear for the daytime hot and humid weather. Why would you bring infinity scarfs? You will never wear them IMAO. Bring shoes that are comfy. Skip the high heels. Almost impossible to walk in heels on a rocking ship.

I always bring several infinity scarves and wraps/pashminas. I find the dining room, theater and bars to be very cold, and these items come in handy to wrap around my shoulders.

I also bring about six pair of shoes (at least) for a seven day cruise. I have that many packed for the four day I am leaving on on Monday. :) Half are high heels/wedges for with formal wear and maxi skirts, and half are flats/sandals/flip flops.

I always overpack to the extreme, but I do it on purpose. I want to have tons of options and on almost every cruise I go on, someone borrows some item of clothing from me, so there's that!

I would suggest to OP that if you are taking a Kindle to read by the pool or on the beach, bring a large ziploc bag to put it in so that you can read it while it is protected from water, sand, spilled drinks, etc.

I just tried to unwind my infinity scarf and wrap it around my shoulders to keep warm. I wasn't warm and my DH thought I looked goofy. Get one black pashmina and definitely bring lipstick![ATTACH]335347[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

LOL!! That is one teeny tiny infinity scarf! All the ones I have are big enough to wrap around your shoulders once you shake them out to their full width. I have one on at my office right now. You're gonna need a bigger one. :D

LOL!! That is one teeny tiny infinity scarf! All the ones I have are big enough to wrap around your shoulders once you shake them out to their full width. I have one on at my office right now. You're gonna need a bigger one. :D

Maybe living in PA you need a little more infinity scarf. Down here in South Cacalacka, a little goes a long way ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app