Here's what I am packing - is this enough?

cooksforkids

LOL! John! That's so funny. I guess now would be a good time to tell you that not all women take all kinds of shoes. I can usually do with a few pairs of sandals, my Nikes to work out, and one pair of pumps. We cruised with a couple who did have one suitcase for her shoes... wow... that was something! LOL :D

Reminds me of the time we took 10 year old twin sons and two slightly older daughters to Cancun - for a week - each was limited to one suitcase. Fortunately I checked the boys' bags - they had each packed just a bathing suit, a toothbrush and one tee shirt - the rest of the space they had "rented" to their 12 year old sister - who had managed to pack 12 pairs of shoes and four bathing suits - plus multiple changes of clothes.

That's what I though too :confused:

Probably you're light on tee-shirts, but it's possible that you just might find one or two ( ;)) for sale at market stalls at the ports.

Only three pairs of shoes? Was that a typo? Did you mean three suitcases of shoes? If not, will you marry me?:D

We take a short electric extension lead with 3 or 4 sockets rather than just an adapter - sometimes the sockets in cabins are awkward to reach, insufficient room for a bulky adapter because sockets are too close to cabin fittings etc, or the adapter is too heavy to stay connected in the socket & needs propping up with a book or somesuch.

Those things apart, congratulations generally on not planning to take half the stuff that some would take :)

JB :)

Thanks we are trying to be really frugal and don't want to waste 50.00 on luggage fees. Oh and I am not really a shoe gal even on dry land. Taking a walking pair of sandals. Black sandals to wear to dinner, water shoes and I am wearing a pair of slip on black tennis shoes on the plane.

Sounds great for the carry on now whats in the checked bag.

I only count 6 shirts for your husband maybe I missed one but only 2 t shirts? Just for example me and my wife bring 2 to 3 outfits per day one for the morning/ breakfast. Some sort of swimsuit probably about 3 for the week. And then some thing for dinner. And we have free laundry service onboard. I would think at least bring 7 t shirts and everything would probably be ok. Forgive if I misread something.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

Trying not to have to pay 25.00 each way for a baggage fee. Trying to be really frugal!! I would rather do laundry and have the money to pay for souvineirs and to eat lunch off the ship while we are in port:)

The advice to bring two semi-formal outfits is not necessary unless it would make you happy. Nobody is checking whether you wear the same thing twice. As for those infinity scarves, they might be a good idea if you intend them to change the look of a neutral outfit underneath. I do this. Black pants (or skirt) and black top, with a big colourful sparkly sheer scarf. Gets me into formal night every time! Don't forget to put on your lipstick ; )

The advice to bring two semi-formal outfits is not necessary unless it would make you happy. Nobody is checking whether you wear the same thing twice. As for those infinity scarves, they might be a good idea if you intend them to change the look of a neutral outfit underneath. I do this. Black pants (or skirt) and black top, with a big colourful sparkly sheer scarf. Gets me into formal night every time! Don't forget to put on your lipstick ; )

Thats the total reason. Both of my dresses are black. I figure between the two jackets and the 3 scarfs I won't have the same look twice. I am wearing one on the plane so I am only packing 2 and they dont take up much room.

Reminds me of the time we took 10 year old twin sons and two slightly older daughters to Cancun - for a week - each was limited to one suitcase. Fortunately I checked the boys' bags - they had each packed just a bathing suit, a toothbrush and one tee shirt - the rest of the space they had "rented" to their 12 year old sister - who had managed to pack 12 pairs of shoes and four bathing suits - plus multiple changes of clothes.

Thanks for the best laugh I've had this year :D

Take a retractable key chain ( a small light one) that you can clip to your shorts and have the front desk hole punch your sail and sign cards and then aattach them to the clip. You will never have to worry about losing your key!

Also any credit card size card will fit into the mechanism that keeps your stateroom light on. Use like a library card or something not with raised lettering. You dont have to use your sail and sign card.

Seems like you have a solid plan and got some good advice. I'll stay out of the women's shoe debate and stick to men's wear.

I would add a windbreaker as temps can swing and sea days can be windy. Also watch the extended forecasts as the trip gets nearer and adjust as required.

No sport coat for a nice date night supper? [emoji126] [emoji124]

Like you, I try to pack efficiently and my measure of success is not having to buy things at "tourist prices," balanced with not carrying the kitchen sink.

There's the old adage to take "half the clothes and twice the money" you thought you'd need and it's probably not an old saying for nothing. [emoji41]

I brought one black skirt and a number of different colored tops one cruise. No one looks at what you are wearing on bottom, just the top. Wore these various pairings with my black heels and called it a day. Men do it all the time with one pair of khaki pants and a number of shirts.

Also bring a pashmina shawl or get one on board for $10. The theatre can be chilly and it's nice to have a wrap.

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by momonthego17

You have a good list going. I would second the backpack - so handy for any day trip or excursion - maybe one of your personal items will be a back pack any way. I would also suggest a hat or visor for each of you - no fun to get a sunburn or headache. As far as a swim cover up - maybe a nice gauzy sleeveless one that could double as nightwear.

I brought one black skirt and a number of different colored tops one cruise. No one looks at what you are wearing on bottom, just the top. Wore these various pairings with my black heels and called it a day. Men do it all the time with one pair of khaki pants and a number of shirts.

Also bring a pashmina shawl or get one on board for $10. The theatre can be chilly and it's nice to have a wrap.

Have a great cruise!

What she's planning with the infinity scarves is the same thing as the pashmina. If she's chilly in the theatre, she can unwind infinity and use it as a shawl. AND if she has a couple of them, she can completely change up her look for the dining room.

Do not forget lipstick!

What she's planning with the infinity scarves is the same thing as the pashmina. If she's chilly in the theatre, she can unwind infinity and use it as a shawl. AND if she has a couple of them, she can completely change up her look for the dining room.

Do not forget lipstick!

I just tried to unwind my infinity scarf and wrap it around my shoulders to keep warm. I wasn't warm and my DH thought I looked goofy. Get one black pashmina and definitely bring lipstick!ImageUploadedByForums1420297519.607323.jpg.07a284860e705b9e6a3cc526595f8f46.jpg

two other things you might want to bring that I will be including this trip.

Bug spray. Some of the islands are having a problem I read in the paper.

And a door stop. We have forgot to flip the door jam on the top of the door and in walk a housekeeper when we were in the shower.

I agree with Weldon. I always seem to need more swimsuit coverups than I brought. You need them in the buffet areas and on excursions. A tip would be to bring a couple of black trash bags to keep dirty clothes and a wrist purse is also handy to hold your ship card and lipstick or sunscreen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And a door stop. We have forgot to flip the door jam on the top of the door and in walk a housekeeper when we were in the shower.

Bull Frog Mosquito Coast is a very effective, long lasting sunblock as well as an insect repellent

If you forget to use the installed latch and/or deadbolt, wouldn't you also forget to use the door stop that you lugged from home? :confused:

Thanks for all the advice. I have added a baseball cap for me, my friend is blinging it out for me. DH floppy hat. I only own one suit so I will just have to suffer putting it on wet if I have to. I do have a door stopper ( and tmi by the way) but it made me laugh. DH personal item is a backpack and I am packing a empty tote. Keep the advice coming!!

Wring your bathing suit the second time in a towel and dry it overnight in the cabin, not in the bathroom.

Good advice, however, I don't have great hand strength to wring things out, so I rolled my swimsuit tightly in a bath towel, laid it on the floor in the bathroom and had DH walk back and forth on it. I hung it on the hook in our cabin and by morning it was completely dry.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

That's what I though too :confused:

Probably you're light on tee-shirts, but it's possible that you just might find one or two ( ;)) for sale at market stalls at the ports.

Only three pairs of shoes? Was that a typo? Did you mean three suitcases of shoes? If not, will you marry me?:D

We take a short electric extension lead with 3 or 4 sockets rather than just an adapter - sometimes the sockets in cabins are awkward to reach, insufficient room for a bulky adapter because sockets are too close to cabin fittings etc, or the adapter is too heavy to stay connected in the socket & needs propping up with a book or somesuch.

Those things apart, congratulations generally on not planning to take half the stuff that some would take :)

Despite being a girl, I'm not into shoes. On my last three cruises (all two-week ones), I wore my walking shoes on board and packed two pairs of sandals -- one casual and one dressy.

But sorry, I'm taken.:D

As for a sink stopper, I'm still wondering about that. I seem to remember that the sinks in our cabins had the pull knob type of stopper. I did some hand washing (a few shirts that I decided not to put in the washer when we were doing a couple of loads), but I forgot the Woolite, so I used regular soap.

A door stop? You must be kidding! In an emergency, time is too precious to break down a door. Likewise, lose the bungee cord on the balcony door, the powerstrips and the personal hair dryers. This is a ship at sea - not your summer cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Other than the time I left my make-up case on the sink at home, the only times I found myself having to replace forgotten items were OTC meds. Now my packing list includes antacids, cold/cough/allergy remedies, pain pills (Aleve), Immodium, sun screen and sunburn remedies.