Sanctuary on port days

LadySadie1

We'll be on the Emerald in March and I was wondering if the price or availability of the cabanas or chairs in the Sanctuary was different on port days? On our HAL cruise this year the spa and salon always had a special on port days and I wondered if that extended to something like the Sanctuary.

If I'm sitting in the sun and looking at the ocean, I might as well do it on the ship with almost no crowd!

No discounts in the Sanctuary on port days. Often, people who book for the whole cruise also use it on port days, at least partially, as well. I've never been charged for ordering a drink in the Sanctuary although there is a $3 charge to deliver food. Never experienced a Sanctuary attendant who was "overbearing." It's a great place to hang out and be pampered.

There are occasionally a spa special on port days. You'll receive a flyer in your "in box" outside your cabin door.

I've determined that the $3 fee is charged directly proportional to how you treat (and I don't mean tip) the stewards...

Request nicely, be patient, and the charge is rarely enforced. I think on our Panama Canal cruise we paid about $12 over 10 days for the 2 of us.

"Fetch me a ..... boy..." (and yes, I actually heard that). That person seemed to sign a lot more slips than we did.