Family suite question

Nee Nee and Biddy

I got a call tonight that we are being upgraded to a family suite on the CB for our Jan 3 cruise. I can't really tell by the floor plan...do both bedrooms have access to the ship hallway or do you have to walk through one bedroom to get out? Thank you for your help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got a call tonight that we are being upgraded to a family suite on the CB for our Jan 3 cruise. I can't really tell by the floor plan...do both bedrooms have access to the ship hallway or do you have to walk through one bedroom to get out? Thank you for your help!!

Both rooms have doors to the hallway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have this room booked next November why is the balcony unusable? I know it may get windy but sitting down won't the sides of the balcony help break up the wind? Also how bumpy is it since you are at the front of the ship? We usually travel midship?

Yes wind, there are no buffers, its open to the front of the ship. We have sailed in one 3 times. The railings are steel not glass.

We got upgraded one time to the family suite also. Both rooms have a separate door out to the hall, but one sliding door out to the balcony and a shared living room. We had the room steward but up a curtain to make our bed more private.

Thank you all for your responses. I am very disappointed to report that my mom and grandma did not agree to the upgrade, and since our reservations were connected, we all had to agree. They felt like they wouldn't have enough privacy with us all sharing a suite. I was so very excited about this, and now I have to break it to my kids that we aren't going to stay in the fancy room. Ugh! Not a great way to start the year, but I'm going to try to focus on the fact that we are still going on a cruise and we will still have a great time. But I'm going to let myself be a little broken hearted for a few minutes. :(