Cabin behind elevator - Noisy?

mpdahmer

We have a cabin directly behind the rear elevators booked on the Riviera deck. This is the same elevators that run to club fusion. Has anyone had a cabin in this vicinity? How noisy was it.

Thanks in advance...

You may not get that much noise from the elevator's themselves and would probably get used to it after a couple of days.

However, it's the people on the elevator's that can be noisy.

We always try to stay a few cabins away from the elevator's for this reason.

Only once have I had a complaint about noisy elevators.

On Golden's trans-Atlantic, 8-02, in very heavy seas, the cars in the forward elevator shaft were banging against the guide rails, and were so loud we could barely hear the bow protest when it was slamming down against the water, causing the ship to shudder and groan while it was fighting for headway.

On rare occasion, you can hear the boisterous drunk who has lost his way.

I agree with the above; it's not going to be the elevator (or the sounds it makes when operating) that is the potential noise factor but the people that ride it and the foot traffic around that area. That's one big reason we try to get as far aft as possible, to avoid all that.

Still, as noted above, the rare "boisterous drunk" who has lost his way or kids playing in the hallway, will probably be the biggest factors. If it were me and I had a choice I'd move to a cabin farther away but if I didn't it sure wouldn't be a big enough negative to impact my cruise experience.

Archived