Open Balcony Walls?

We are booked for a Freedom OTS cruise in July on which we're taking our daughter and their family. We have connecting balcony rooms and would like to open the wall between the balconies. Can this be done on RCI ships? I haven't sailed on Royal Caribbean in nearly 20 years due to a bad experience on our Sovereign cruise. I'm looking forward to sailing RCI again but I'm basically an RCI newbie. Thanks.

Edited by TBcruiserguy

We are booked for a Freedom OTS cruise in July on which we're taking our daughter and their family. We have connecting balcony rooms and would like to open the wall between the balconies. Can this be done on RCI ships? I haven't sailed on Royal Caribbean in nearly 20 years due to a bad experience on our Sovereign cruise. I'm looking forward to sailing RCI again but I'm basically an RCI newbie. Thanks.

Balcony dividers can be opened on side facing balconies, but it must be approved by ship's management,

Balcony dividers can be opened on side facing balconies, but it must be approved by ship's management,

Yes..on that ship, the dividers do have the ability to open. Not all ships have that, tho...and when they are physically able to open, it's up to the captain whether they will be.

Thanks to you both for your replies. I'll contact my TA for her to request the opening of the dividers.

Bob

Thanks to you both for your replies. I'll contact my TA for her to request the opening of the dividers.

Bob

You need to speak to your stateroom attendant after you board. This is not something that the TA (or calling Royal directly) can likely help with.

Bob

the TA can do nothing about that( noting on your reservation is useless).

you must ask once on board, the cabin steward who will either do so, get permission to do so from the captain, or politely tell you sorry charlie.