Possible to get table for two - Triumph

IBRelaxin2

What if you don't want table mates? :D This will be our first cruise alone and would like to have our own table, how would we go about this. We'll be on the Triumph with the 6:15 seating. I could be greedy and say I'd like a OV table as well but I'll take what I get if we can have our own table. DFiance' is not a "talker" and I think it may be uncomfortable if we sat with others, plus I'd like to have romantic dinner as we'll be getting wine, etc with our meals. :o

You say this is your first cruise alone so that is elling me you have cruised before.

Is it possible? Well yes, anything is possible - but you will have to wait until you get onboard - see what you have and request a change if you don't like it. Same goes for the dining time. you say you have 6:15 dining when in fact you "requested" 6:15 dining - there is a possibility you won't get that either and you will have to request a change.

All these things are handled once you board. So ask away and hope for the best. It's not like they are going to throw you overboard for asking. All they can say is "no".

Hi,

We were on the Triumph and were given a table for 2. It was in the middle of the aisle near the entrance of the restaurant. There didn't appear to be many tables for 2 in the restaurant. I'm sure you can request one when you board the ship and if there is one available, I'm sure you'll get it.

We were on the Triumph to Canada a few weeks ago. We'd requested early seating and found ourselves assigned to late seating (8:00 pm) in the Paris dining room. We boarded the ship early (about 4 hrs. before sailing time) and went straight to the Paris dining room. We told the maitre d' that it was our 25th anniversary (true, but I wouldn't hesitate to use it again if I want to change my dining assignment) and that we'd like the early seating. He took our name (we were 4th on his list for time changes) and told us to come to our assigned seating that first evening. If the change was feasible, we would receive a note in our cabin the next day.

The following day we were notified mid-afternoon that we would be in the 5:45 pm seating in Paris. We were really delighted to find ourselves on the upper level at a table for 2. We had the greatest waiters and views of the sunset each night.

There were any number of empty tables, so I take it that the cruise wasn't completely full, making the change possible.

It's definitely worth a try and the dining room staff seems eager to make it work.

At the end of the cruise, we tipped the Maitre d'hotel, Drasko, $10 because we appreciated the change very much.

Happy Cruising!

Just got off the Triumph. There was a mix-up and my husband and I noticed on our sail and sign cards that we were seated at different tables for different dining times in different dining rooms. We immediately went to the Maitre D in the Paris dining room (Drasko). We waited on line with some pretty irate folks. When it was our turn we told him it was our anniversary(it was) and we wanted to eat together and preferably alone. He was very pleasant, and we didnt even know to tip, but he accomodated us immediately and gave us a table for 2 on the second floor of the Paris dining room. We had the BEST servers Jojit (JT) and Vincente!

Archived