Looking for Food Pics from the Navigator of the Seas

We've never cruised before but food is always an important part of our vacation experience. I'm curious about what we can expect in the Main Dining Room and the buffet as well as the upcharge specialty restaurants like Giovanni's Table and Chops Grille. Is there a land based restaurant you could compare the main dining room and the windjammer to?

Thank you Maureen. I was hoping someone from that board would chime in :) because I've combed through that Navigator board pretty extensively but I have only found a few mentions/pics/reviews about the food available for a fee on board and even less about the food that's included in the cruise price. That makes me start worrying that the food on board is just ho-hum and therefore not worth mentioning?

We don't expect 5 star or even 4 star, but we do expect vacation food to be tasty and worthy of gushing over and remembering fondly when we get back home to our diets :). Are we going to find that in the dining room on the Navigator?

We've never cruised before but food is always an important part of our vacation experience. I'm curious about what we can expect in the Main Dining Room and the buffet as well as the upcharge specialty restaurants like Giovanni's Table and Chops Grille. Is there a land based restaurant you could compare the main dining room and the windjammer to?

Enjoy your first cruise! We just got off of the Navigator 2 weeks ago for our 7-night Christmas cruise. It was wonderful! One reason that we usually cruise with Royal (and we came back to Royal after trying carnival) is due to the food and entertainment. I'm going to be completely honest, the food in the windjammer is nothing spectacular. It is very similar to any regular American buffet. The dining room, however, was very impressive and was probably one of the best experiences we have had in the dining room aboard a cruise ship. We did not go to any speciality restaurants on the Navigator, but we have gone to Chops on the Oasis before. Chops was excellent and is worth the extra charge ( I believe $35..maybe less) to go once. If you are a steak lover, that is definitely a treat. I recommend to try a specialty restaurant during lunch (I Know for sure Giovanni's is open for lunch on sea days), as it is less expensive and would still allow you to eat in the dining room at night. Also, go to the dining room for breakfast and lunch when it is open! The breakfast and lunch in the dining room far surpasses that of the Windjammer. The dining room is included, so we usually go there for lunch and breakfast to relax and get waited on ( plus, it's better food...like omelets, eggs Benedict...). The lunch menu includes a delicious salad bar, and a variety of dishes and desserts that are all different than anything served at dinner. So, you will have a new experience every time.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MDR is banquet food that you get any any catered wedding at any semi decent hotel. only the chicken is less apt to be dry and inedible. Windjammer is a buffet.. like all buffets everywhere.

Izumi is actually very favorably compared to a typical Japanese land based restaurant. Love the hot rock choices. sushi was the best we have had outside of Tokyo or Yokohama.

Giovannis is way way WAY better than Carraba's or Olive garden, by a long shot

Chops: it's no Morton's or Ruth's Chris, but it is still a damn fine piece of dead cow flesh.

I have no experience with Sabor, as I don't do Mexican, Tex Mex or any variation thereof.