Recednt POSITIVE Mediterranea cruise experiences?

lambs2

Strongly leaning toward booking the March 20 transatlantic sailing to Europe on Mediterranea. Would love to read some positive thoughts from those who have sailed on her recently. We have liked Costa in the past for its European ambience, but it has been 7 years since our last Costa sailing and some of the recent reviews have not helped set our minds at ease. Positives?

Decided itinerary and price for a premium balcony cabin were just too good to pass up in SPITE of the negative food reviews, so we are booked! Would still love to hear something positive about someone's recent Mediterranea cruise experience! :):)

We had a 5 day cruise on her last September

Loved the ship - had a great cruise. 5 days wasn't enough

Make sure you eat in the speciality restaurant some nights. The surcharge was worth the money as the food and service was perfect

Caryl

We had a 5 day cruise on her last September

Loved the ship - had a great cruise. 5 days wasn't enough

Make sure you eat in the speciality restaurant some nights. The surcharge was worth the money as the food and service was perfect

Caryl

Thanks, GASPALL! Thanks for the suggestion! We are excited in spite of some bad reviews.

We took a 5-day cruise in September from Savona and really enjoyed the ship, the european feel, very lively. Nice staterooms, good food, good service in the dining room. The breakfast and lunch at the buffet are a nightmare, go to the dining room when possible. Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
We took a 5-day cruise in September from Savona and really enjoyed the ship, the european feel, very lively. Nice staterooms, good food, good service in the dining room. The breakfast and lunch at the buffet are a nightmare, go to the dining room when possible. Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you Ship101! My husband and I always prefer going to the dining room whever possible so that is an easy one for us. Definitely looking forward to the European ambience of a Costa cruise again!

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off a twelve night cruise. We had a truly enjoyable cruise. We had great service from Jemuel and Danrisky in the dining room. Our room steward Estrella was fantastic. We ate once in the specialty restaurant and found we liked our table for two in the dining room just as well. Be ready for a European experience with multiple languages and olive oil rather than butter at your dinner table (just ask for the butter). Also know that dinner is the last food of the night which keeps a few of those extra pounds from being added. Go and enjoy!

We just got off a twelve night cruise. We had a truly enjoyable cruise. We had great service from Jemuel and Danrisky in the dining room. Our room steward Estrella was fantastic. We ate once in the specialty restaurant and found we liked our table for two in the dining room just as well. Be ready for a European experience with multiple languages and olive oil rather than butter at your dinner table (just ask for the butter). Also know that dinner is the last food of the night which keeps a few of those extra pounds from being added. Go and enjoy!

Thank you! Good to hear something positive. I know we will not starve, even without food available after dinner! :D

Lambs, I'm sure you've read my Mediterranea post, seperate thread. Go ahead and book the cruise. It's a lovely ship, and we had a great time. No, it wasn't perfect, and I did voice some of my concerns, but all in all, it's a good cruising experience. It's a beautiful ship, good entertainment, good crew, good food, good activities. If you have smooth seas, and meet interesting, friendly people, you'll be glad you cruised with Costa.