Thanksgiving on Glory- Eastern Caribbean- My First Review

cruisexlife

Thanks for your review! I was actually on that cruise with you, and am in one of your pictures ;). Looking forward to you opinion of the cruise. We really enjoyed it!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Really?!? How cool! Want to know something ironic? We were just looking at the Valor for Thanksgiving '15 last night :D Splendor ended up knocking her off the possibility list, as Splendor is $100 cheaper, flying into FLL and shuttle is much easier than the shuttles in Canaveral (from what I've heard :confused:) and it goes to Amber Cove instead of Nassau (main reason :D)

Have fun!

I love sail away, all the cars honking and people waving. 99 long days until I experience again... We are going on the Glory for the first time in April. Can't wait!

You'll love Glory! And Miami sailaway is always something to see, it never gets old!

Typos are EXTREMELY inevitable! :p

Where have I read this before! 😉😉

My brother, SIL, and friends are boarding the Glory next Saturday (wish we were going with them!). Looking forward to reading more!

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

I'm really enjoying what you have and love your pictures. We've gone to Panorama Deck (10) for our sailaways but after seeing your pictures from Deck 14, I think I'll try that next time for a different perspective, I love the pictures of the views you got. We were on Glory in May 2010 for an Eastern Caribbean and I'm really looking forward to the rest and thank you for taking the time to do a review.

Where have I read this before! 😉😉

My brother, SIL, and friends are boarding the Glory next Saturday (wish we were going with them!). Looking forward to reading more!

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

I honestly had no clue :D

Hope they have fun!

I'm really enjoying what you have and love your pictures. We've gone to Panorama Deck (10) for our sailaways but after seeing your pictures from Deck 14, I think I'll try that next time for a different perspective, I love the pictures of the views you got. We were on Glory in May 2010 for an Eastern Caribbean and I'm really looking forward to the rest and thank you for taking the time to do a review.

You will most certainly enjoy sailaways from Deck 14. My other favorite spot in Deck 14, but the deck behind the TV. Go to the basketball court and take a hard left and the stairs are right there. That's another great place! :D

Be ready for nostalgia if you continue following, we spent our whole day in St.Thomas at Trunk Bay :D

You will most certainly enjoy sailaways from Deck 14. My other favorite spot in Deck 14, but the deck behind the TV. Go to the basketball court and take a hard left and the stairs are right there. That's another great place! :D

Be ready for nostalgia if you continue following, we spent our whole day in St.Thomas at Trunk Bay :D

Thank you for the tips on where to go. I'm definitely going to be following and looking forward to your section on Trunk Bay. We also did that on our Glory cruise but booked the snorkeling excursion through Carnival. We'd love to go back next time, on our own, so we can have more time. We LOVED it there.

After I left sailaway, I went to the gym and just took pictures, because I knew I'd be spending some time there on the cruise and I didn't want to bring my camera to a workout with me. So i snapped this pic.

27-DSCN0389_zps0cec4ac9.jpg

Then I zoomed down to Deck 3 and took this off of the promenade deck. Beautiful views from out there. I would suggest getting out there while onboard the Glory. There are even deck chairs if you want to read.

29-DSCN0393_zps24e69239.jpg

Then, I had to visit my FAVORITE thing onboard Glory, the Taste Bar! They have it about 4 out of the 7 nights. I wish it was an every-night thing, but I enjoyed it when they had it. Tonight was the Blue Iguana Cantina, really liked this one! :D

31-DSCN0399_zpse90af49b.jpg

32-DSCN0401_zps9450d8b7.jpg

33-DSCN0402_zps2252e20f.jpg

I really didn't take many more pictures for the rest of the night, so I'll just give you guys a rundown. I had 8:15 dinner in Upper Golden Dining Room. Not my preference, but that's what mom wanted, so we got it. For dinner I had chicken, don't remember what she had. I really enjoyed dinner the first night. I do miss the variety of cold soups. If anyone wants me to explain the new dining, I will, I just have seen it on here so many times and if everyone is already familiar, I don't want to waste anyone's time.

After dinner, we both went back to the Taste Bar, people-watched on the couches right outside of the Taste Bar, and went to bed. 4AM-10PM is a long day, especially with traveling involved. Besides, we wanted to get up early to watch the ship come into Nassau! ;)

(Now is the perfect time for questions if you have any!)

Next: Day 2: Nassau! :D

Edited by cruisexlife

I woke to a wake up call that I set the night prior before heading on to bed. 6:30AM. I woke up Ma and headed up to Deck 12 forward, because from what I could see from our 4J window, we were spinning around into the dock.

34-DSCN0405_zps62934107.jpg

39-DSCN0426_zps331e84a3.jpg

36-DSCN0408_zps6e15d3d8.jpg

Majesty of the Seas and Carnival Ecstasy spent the day with us here, well at least that's what I thought. Then I remembered that Carnival has those overnights in Nassau on the Ecstasy and Sensation. After breakfast, we were able to catch a little bit of the deaprture from our secret deck in front of our room.

40-DSCN0429_zps9309640f.jpg

42-DSCN0437_zpsc19c50cc.jpg

6:59, we are off the Carnival Glory, headed into the Bahamas!

44-DSCN0438_zpsbf54b81e.jpg

Edited by cruisexlife

Today in Nassau, we planned on just getting off and walking around. We didn't want to do an excursion, so we could have the money for our new ports, but we weren't gonna waste the day either.

45-DSCN0441_zpsabba78d7.jpg

I would love an extended balcony on a cruise sometime... One day!

46-DSCN0443_zpsf7c06792.jpg

I'm surprised that I had no clue this was going on, usually CC members are quick to report on this kind of stuff, especially in such a popular port. What are they doing here??

47-DSCN0444_zpsa7575171.jpg

Unlike common belief, I believe that Nassau isn't a bad stop. When you live up north, any Caribbean/Bahamas stop is better than a day at home. I will always make sure I get off when I visit Nassau, even if it's just to "Check-In" on Facebook. :D Nothing wrong with Nassau in my opinion, except the fact that it could've been a stop at Half Moon Cay instead, which would've made this an all-new-port cruise... But it's okay I had a great day!

50-DSCN0454_zps9a7ce438.jpg

I strolled through here later in the day, so I may have a picture, but it'll come later in the review if I have it.

51-DSCN0455_zpsb332433e.jpg

Welcome to the tropics!!!!

After some street shopping (more like window shopping), we headed up to Fort Fincastle.

54-DSCN0463_zps73158d60.jpg

It was about a 10 minute walk, uphill for most, slightly at first, and then rather noticable as it progressed. Nothing too bad if you walk often and/or want a workout. There is a $1 admission into the fort if you end up going. I would suggest going in, it's rather interesting.

56-DSCN0469_zps8c22a9b5.jpg

57-DSCN0471_zps0af25b7f.jpg

58-DSCN0472_zps5f409f12.jpg

Great view of the ships too!

60-DSCN0476_zps42e03e7f.jpg

Right around the corner is the Queen's Staircase, which is a very cool thing to see, especially if you havent seen it. I saw it back in 2011, so it was only right to revisit it. Such lush plants, a manmade waterfall, and the authentic stairs are qorj the walk up the hill.

Next: More of my day in Nassau!

We are from Southern Maryland and we are going on the Glory 7 Feb. We are flying down the night before. Too many things COULD happen flying down the day of. One time we did fly down the day of from DC and half way down, the captain came on and asked if there was a doctor onboard. We were freaked out, thought we were going to have to land somewhere else and miss the ship. We made it without problems but someone was having chest pains. So from then on, we always go down the day before. Look forward to your review.

We are from Southern Maryland and we are going on the Glory 7 Feb. We are flying down the night before. Too many things COULD happen flying down the day of. One time we did fly down the day of from DC and half way down, the captain came on and asked if there was a doctor onboard. We were freaked out, thought we were going to have to land somewhere else and miss the ship. We made it without problems but someone was having chest pains. So from then on, we always go down the day before. Look forward to your review.

Since we did our Freedom cruise on a random sale and within 20 hours of finding it, we had it booked and half-payed for, we ended up getting a hotel the night before and it was really nice. This time we just happened to have to fly in the day of, or it would tack on $500 extra dollars, and the members on CC said that it would be okay in November, not too risky, but January is a different story.

We're from Anne Arundel County, specificially Pasadena. How about you? :p

My mother loves Bob Marley. I convinced her to go River Tubing in Jamaica, so we never saw the stuff there, but she always loves him. She calls me on Sunday and I hear him in the background playing in the kitchen, always giving me quotes from him, etc. So when we re-boarded for lunch, we stopped at the cabin to refill our bottles, chill out for a little, use our private bathroom, etc. While I was changing, she was reading through the Excursion book placed in your room on embarkation day, and under one of the excursions, and I'm very mad at myself for not remembering the excursion name, but listed in the description was something about visiting the old resort house Bob used to go to, but is now the Bob Marley House Spa Resort or something. Mom said "I wanna go see it!", and since we had nothing better to do, we decided to go. We got off the boat again and went to a security guard. On the map we grabbed earlier, he showed us where to walk to catch the bus. It wasn't a far walk. Snapped these along the way.

65-DSCN0491_zps4347d7db.jpg

66-DSCN0492_zps745331f3.jpg

67-DSCN0494_zpsaf4111e1.jpg

Wanna get a day pass to the beach here next time, a couple people I met on the first night always come here when they visit Nassau, and they say it's nice!

A bus was at the stop right when we got there, but we had to wait about 10 minutes unti lwe finally left. They wanted more business I guess. We left, with the bus door open.... And began driving. What made it even scarier was the fact that we left the city area and began going through residential areas and barely stopping to drop off and pick people up, so I became very worried, we only paid $2 each :D We passed that new resort, Melia, and began going further down the northern coast of New Providence...

68-DSCN0499_zps3c540d90.jpg

We finally made it. We thought. We walked in, and the resort ended up being "closed for 2 years".

68-DSCN0499_zps3c540d90.jpg

Now I don't know if he dropped us off at the wrong place, or we were lied to (probably to lure in business), but either way, we weren't staying for long. It was creepy inside that building, and I was in the middle of a real Bahamian village, and I was not about to pull out my camera and show everyone I wasn't one of them. So we waited. And waited. And waited. After 20 minutes, the same bus comes back our way. I ask the driver about it, and he doesn't know. How could you not know if it was closed or not? But we began our drive back to the ship. I see the beautiful Melia resort again, and as I admire it, we stop......

We, along with 3 other Bahamian people, were dropped off in the parking lot to the large, half-built resort. He said another one would be around soon, nothing else. I watched him drive away, only to turn around, and pick up the 10 other people on the other side! I was FURIOUS! We waited another 15 minutes another another shuttle came, where we then decided since Mom picked the "Bob Marley Resort", I could pick something quick before we went back. I thought, "well, I have never been to Junkanoo Beach, better go!" (:

PS- For the record, we found it & the resort is still in business, we were just taken to the wrong place, and probably unharmingly misinformed. Oh well, nassau wasn't the staple of the cruise.

Next: Junkanoo Beach, Walking back to the Ship, Getting ready for sailaway!

Edited by cruisexlife

We are from St Mary's County. I have a brother that lives up in Pasadena.

As with the weather, anything could happen in any month. Even the plane can break down before you leave. Just too much stress for us. Would hate to miss the boat. Although a week in Miami might not be bad, just would miss the money I paid out for the cruise that I was not on.