First Cruise just booked. Carnival Fantasy

gaskins49

First, I would like to think everyone on here for posting such great reviews. I have enjoyed reading them and looking at the photos.

Second, I just booked my first cruise on the Carnival Fantasy. This is going to be a 10th Wedding Anniversary present for my wife. It will be the first time since our 1st Anniversary that we have went away without any kids!!!

Our anniversary is April 2nd (that is when I will let her know) and we are cruising October 6, 2015.

Edited by gaskins49

Congratulations!

We sailed don Fantasy this past August and we were very pleasantly surprised at how well the ship has been maintained.

If you and your wife are "foodies", or if you just want a really special dinner while on board, by all means book the Chef's Table! The staff on Fantasy made it an evening to remember for us. Unbelievable cuisine, beautifully presented, and the because it was only 16 of us, felt very special indeed.

The Serenity Area was great for quiet relaxation and Waterworks was great fun and a terrfici8 excuse to be a kid again!

Have a great time.

My wife and I took our Honeymoon and our first cruise on the Fantasy. It was in 2008 though. The ship has probably been into dry dock by now and I think it had recently come out of dry dock a little before we were on it. The ship was nice and all the crew were awesome. We couldn't tell there were so many people on the ship, granted it's not a 4000 pax ship.

As a tip that our TA didn't tell us. We were booked in room E1, make sure your not in the front of the ship. Every time we came into port we were woken up by them tensioning the lines. That and the crew at that time liked to party. We were next to where the crew entered their area so all night on New Years Eve we heard the door opening and shutting and loud techno music. I almost went and joined them since I wasn't able to sleep. I still would and want to sail on this ship again.

Awww, congratulations! This post makes me all fuzzy and nostalgic. :D We cruised for the first time last April for our 15th anniversary also without the kiddos. (April 10th...yay for couples who got married in April! :D:D) We got absolutely hooked, and booked another shortly after we returned, and we're just over 100 days out from that one. Plus we already have one planned for April 2016, so be prepared to become addicted! Have a great time, and happy early anniversary!

Edited by zumbagirl78

Congratulations!!! We have cruised out of Charleston on the Fantasy 6 times. We LOVE the Fantasy. We arrive the day before and stay at a great hotel that shuttles us to the ship. We are sailing on her again Oct 22. Going to the new Dominican Republic tour. Happy sailing to you and yours!!

Misslucy01

Congrats! We sailed on the Fantasy for the first time a couple years ago for our 20th (u144). We love the Fantasy and want to sail on her again - we just want it to go to different ports. We are on the Conquest this coming March and it will be our first time on a 'big' ship - hope we enjoy it as much.

If you plan excursions in Nassau that include snorkeling I can 100% recommend Basil at Blue Hole Watersports - small group, less expensive and Basil is awesome!

My first cruise was on the Fantasy in 2010. Although it was a very late start leaving out of Mobile, and very rough seas the first day, those next three days hooked me! Addict is not a strong enough word!! I'm sure the ship has had upgrades since then but I loved all the activities they offered.

Carnival Fantasy January 2010

Carnival Conquest April 2011

Carnival Fascination May 2015

We have cruised several time on the Fantasy and almost always near our anniversary we always celebrate it onboard I usually send a chocolate cake to our table on formal nite its now a tradition . By all means try out waterworks im in my 50s DW and I do it every cruise . We have tried almost every cabin type onboard from inside all the way to grand suite , really have no preference this time trying a porthole cabin . I hope you enjoy the Fantasy as much as we do.:D I would be happy to try and answer any questions you might have

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

My wife and I will be on the Fantasy May 16 to celebrate her Birthday. What hotel do yall recommend we stay at the night before departure? Price range around 100-150. Is Mt Pleasant the best option? We will be staying in the area for a few days when the cruise returns as well.

We stay at Hampton Inn & Suites in North Charleston on Fernwood Drive. Extremely clean hotel. Delicious southern breakfast and the Hamilton family that shuttles to and from the ship treat you like royalty. Lol. They are wonderful folks. They will get you to the ship early and will be waiting for you on your return. January 2014 we were the first couple on the ship!! I really can't recommend this hotel enough. We usually pay 149-169 per night, but well worth the cost.

Misslucy01