Just off the Carnival Liberty....ask questions if you like

bassmaster150

Just want to make sure they still have the shampoo in the shower? I LOVE their shampoo; I bring my own conditioner. Also, do you recall if you got any free goodies in the basket in the bathroom? I was wondering about the toothpaste. Sometimes they had travel size tubes. Thanks. Flying to PC tomorrow morning and am super excited! :D

Just want to make sure they still have the shampoo in the shower? I LOVE their shampoo; I bring my own conditioner. Also, do you recall if you got any free goodies in the basket in the bathroom? I was wondering about the toothpaste. Sometimes they had travel size tubes. Thanks. Flying to PC tomorrow morning and am super excited! :D

So they have the shampoo and the shower gell in the dispensers in the shower itself.

Goodie basket in the bathroom - we were in a suite, and believe it or not, there was NO goodie basket :eek::eek::eek: I never asked about it either, but I thought it was strange.

Oh....we have YTD, what dining room is that? And also, is deck 5 my best friend??? The deck that goes the whole length of the ship? So to get to a dining room, I go to deck 5, then down to deck 3? TIA

YTD was in Olympic (I believe that is the correct name) on deck 3

Deck 5 to deck 3 is correct.....or you can take the stairs all the way down to deck 3 as long as you are forward.

Thanks for the answers!! Did you happen to go the steakhouse? If so how was it? I've been to Princess' Steak house and they brought as many lobster tails as you wanted. Our waiter actually gave us 7 tails to start.

Also do they have beef Wellington on formal night?

Thanks for the answers!! Did you happen to go the steakhouse? If so how was it? I've been to Princess' Steak house and they brought as many lobster tails as you wanted. Our waiter actually gave us 7 tails to start.

Also do they have beef Wellington on formal night?

We went to the steakhouse twice. Once on the third evening, and once on the final evening. I have been to both the Carnival Steakhouse as well as the Crown Grill on Princess. Honestly, I think that the Carnival Steakhouse is better....in my opinion. It does cost $35 as opposed to $25 (I believe) in the Crown Grill on Princess. Also, on Carnival you CANNOT order multiple items (entrees) like you can on a Princess ship...i.e. Carnival has surf and turf, but you can't ask for 3 or 4 lobster tails. You get a fillet and a lobster tail, and the other things that come with the mean (appetizer, sides, dessert, etc). They also don't have the special salts like they do in the Crown Grill (I love the smoke flavored salt). It is still the best $35 you can spend on the boat period.

I did not see beef wellington on any of the menus when we went to the MDR.....then again, I was not looking for it either because I have no idea what it is. :):)

We went to the steakhouse twice. Once on the third evening, and once on the final evening. I have been to both the Carnival Steakhouse as well as the Crown Grill on Princess. Honestly, I think that the Carnival Steakhouse is better....in my opinion. It does cost $35 as opposed to $25 (I believe) in the Crown Grill on Princess. Also, on Carnival you CANNOT order multiple items (entrees) like you can on a Princess ship...i.e. Carnival has surf and turf, but you can't ask for 3 or 4 lobster tails. You get a fillet and a lobster tail, and the other things that come with the mean (appetizer, sides, dessert, etc). They also don't have the special salts like they do in the Crown Grill (I love the smoke flavored salt). It is still the best $35 you can spend on the boat period.

I did not see beef wellington on any of the menus when we went to the MDR.....then again, I was not looking for it either because I have no idea what it is. :):)

Thanks for your input! I loved the salts in the Crown Grill too!I will definitely try Carnival's steakhouse :)

beef-wellington-01_4.jpg

Beef Wellington is a preparation of filet steak coated with pâté and duxelles, which is then wrapped in puff pastry and baked.

I'm a steak and bread lover, so this I love. I've only had a few times in my life and it was awesome!!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Liberty last week and the deck 10 balcony was right outside our window. You won't smell smoke in your room but will occasionally smell it in the hall. For some reason our room occasionally smelled like a skunk.

On a different topic... and kind of a random / strange question... does anyone remember the name of the guy from India who worked in the jewelry store? He was the tall, more muscular one.

Thanks!

Edited by blondie99

We were on the Liberty last week too. The shows in the main showroom were pretty lame. None that I would say you can't miss. Carnival needs to kick it up a notch entertainment wise.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

We were on the Liberty last week also, but we loved the main shows. My husband went to the early showing with our party, but also the late show alone every night. I liked "Wonderful World" and "Singing with the Big Band," but absolutely loved "Just Rock."

Other entertainment I would definitely label as "lame."