question on booking next cruise on ship and then transferring to ta

maggieq

We did this - booked with RCL to hold the cabin we wanted and then transferred our booking to *********** - can't remember whether we contacted the cruiseline or they did - but your TA will walk you through it. We got a much cheaper price - BUT that was before they changed the pricing policy.......

Good luck!

We have booked several cruises while on a cruise. The Loyalty Ambassador takes care of faxing all of the paperwork to your TA. Never had a problem. I always call the TA as soon as we get home to make sure they received the paperwork from the ship and they always have it.

Enjoy! I love the on-board credit that you receive for booking while on the ship!!! :D

Cindy ;)

I often to suggest this to clients so they can take advantage of the onboard credits. Just tell the Loyalty Ambasador who your TA is. It's easiest if you have the agency telephone number with you. Lower prices are definitely harder to come by now but I can at least look for lower rates or additional discounts that may come up. Sometimes we even have a group rate that I can move them to. If there ever is a problem it's nice to have an extra person in your corner.

If you don't have a TA at the time you book, or if you aren't sure of what TA you want to book with, just book the cruise through RCCL and then you can make changes when you get home. Remember once you book with a TA they control you cruise, RCCL will not talk to you about any changes. All changes have to be made by the TA if you are changing things, so be sure you like the TA that you book with.

If you book with RCCL or the TA and then want to change to a different sailing date or ship you can keep your ship board credit as long as you keep the same booking number. The key to always remember that if you lose your booking number you will lose your shipboard credit.

As ACCagent mentioned your TA can go to bat for you if you have problems with the cruise line. I have used travel agents and booked with the cruise line directly. Even when I was booked with the TA I watched for price drops.

Archived