Conquest or Valor?

kitntrip

My husband and I are planning a cruise in April for Southern Caribbean, just waiting to see which vacation dates he was approved for. This will be my 4th and his 3rd Carnival cruise but we haven't been on either of these boats. I'm having a hard time to decide which boat to choose. For those of you who have been on them, which do you prefer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also do not forget to go up one level to the fish and chips. Seating always available and very tasty!

Oh my gosh, yes! I "discovered" fish and chips while waiting to send my kids to the Camp Carnival dinner, it was SO good!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

My husband and I are planning a cruise in April for Southern Caribbean, just waiting to see which vacation dates he was approved for. This will be my 4th and his 3rd Carnival cruise but we haven't been on either of these boats. I'm having a hard time to decide which boat to choose. For those of you who have been on them, which do you prefer?

These are the two ships I've sailed on. I went on the Valor out of San Juan and the Conquest out of Miami. By the time you sail, they will have been repositioned, so some of what I say may not apply.

SHIP AND COMMON AREAS - Both ships are in very good shape. Even.

CABINS - My cabins on the Valor were in better shape than my one on the Conquest. The Conquest did have a flat screen TV. Your mileage may vary. Edge Valor.

CREW - The Conquest's crew was very good, but the Valor's was magical. Edge Valor.

THAT 2.0 THING - The Conquest has most of the 2.0 changes, which really are improvements IMHO. The Valor doesn't. Edge Conquest.

At this point I'd call it six of one and half a dozen of the other. I'm sure you'll have a great time whichever one you choose.

The aft pool is adult only. Just so you know.

You're comparing the aft pool where kids can't be in, but obviously spend their time next to to Serenity? There will be kids all over that area... from the deli, to ice cream and even those using their soda package at the bar or occupying a lounge chair.

Serenity > Aft Pool

Easter sunday is April 5th so some kids have spring recess the week before and others that week, you may be done with spring recess but then there is college spring recess...not as bad. Another thing is that usually the college spring breakers generally don't do that itinerary.

I prefer to stay away from Dominica there are a lot of problems there and many parts not safe, my brother in law is a captain of jet blue, when we were deciding on two itineraries he immediately told me to stay away and not go to Dominica, the nice and better areas are too far from the ship.

I also like Aruba best, I like the idea that the Valor stays in Aruba late, you could also have a very nice dinner out on the island if you like and that island is great for beach, sightseeing, water sports, snorkeling, anything. You spend some nice hours in Grand Turk which is very nice too. I haven't been to Bonaire but when I was researching curaco which my cruise will go to or bonair people preferred Bonaire. My advice is Valor.

Edited by lyndamr

I'm leaning toward Valor and that itinerary myself. My husband doesn't care as long as Aruba is included. While Serenity isn't on Valor, considering my own children won't be with me, I'm sure I can find a semi quiet spot to relax.

I'm leaning toward Valor and that itinerary myself. My husband doesn't care as long as Aruba is included. While Serenity isn't on Valor, considering my own children won't be with me, I'm sure I can find a semi quiet spot to relax.

The Valor does have the Serenity Deck.

You're right, I was mixing up the ships. So another point in favour for Valor. I don't believe it has Guy's burgers though? I'm sad about that, I really enjoyed them on my cruise last year.

You're right, I was mixing up the ships. So another point in favour for Valor. I don't believe it has Guy's burgers though? I'm sad about that, I really enjoyed them on my cruise last year.

Depends on when you cruise. The Valor will be getting the 2.0 downgrades soon. The date is currently unconfirmed, but it's coming.

Depends on when you cruise. The Valor will be getting the 2.0 downgrades soon. The date is currently unconfirmed, but it's coming.

Really? I wonder how long it takes to do the downgrades...

You're comparing the aft pool where kids can't be in, but obviously spend their time next to to Serenity? There will be kids all over that area... from the deli, to ice cream and even those using their soda package at the bar or occupying a lounge chair.

Serenity > Aft Pool

I wasn't comparing anything! I was informing the OP that there wasn't a serenity deck and that the aft pool was adult only.