Ever experienced the Skywalker Lounge closed for late night dancing?

Cruisingisthebestfun

That's odd. I would think that would be under the food and beverage manager, not the CD, but maybe the CD sets the schedule...

I've seen it close fairly early depending on the crowd, but have never experienced it being totally abandoned even on a low attendance Alaska cruise.

Don't get me started on the skywalker night club. We love to dance at night but had a problem on the Emerald last year. The DJ said he didn't get paid enough to do the music at night. Sometimes the waiter would put on some music. Lots of people complained to the desk. The DJ then played the worst music to make us leave. We were not happy customers and the sky walker lost a lot of revenue.

Could be the same cruise...28 days RT Los Angeles visiting Hawaii, Samoa, FPolynesia in Oct-Nov 2013 with Billy Hygate as CD. No dancing, no bar service at all late nite in Skywalkers.

We were on that same cruise! We had a wonderful time... met great new cruise friends, enjoyed the beautiful itinerary, the list goes on and on... but it would have been even better if they opened the Skywalker late night. Since we had 19 sea days on that cruise I was shocked to learn they never intended to open Skywalker since Day 1. It was a shame not to use such a nice venue.

We were going to book on Ruby for 49 day South America but I learned that Billy Hygate will be the CD on that cruise. We really enjoyed 28 days on South Pacific Islands without Skywalker but not sure about 49 days in South America without it. LOL!

Well, on our Crown Princess cruise last month, Skywalkers was hoppin' into the wee hours of the morning. It certainly helped that they had a Happy Hour (2 for 1) special running at 11pm-12am. ;)

Maybe that's why we found such few people there. It was to early at 11 PM. The real party people don't start till later.

Well, on our Crown Princess cruise last month, Skywalkers was hoppin' into the wee hours of the morning. It certainly helped that they had a Happy Hour (2 for 1) special running at 11pm-12am. ;)

I think the key-factor here is a 28-day cruise.

Skip the dj, and load extra oatmeal.

• 1 year later...