Drink Packages on Royal Caribbean

HDNomad

We are trying to decide if its' worth it to purchase the drink pkg.

What is the standard price for a mixed cocktail?

Do we need to tip?

We are thinking of the Ultimate pkg, which we believe includes bottled water and specialty coffees.

Here's a good idea of a drink menu. I'd add a dollar or two to the drinks since some have gone up since this menu was posted:

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

When you purchase a drink package, 15% will be added to the purchase price for tips. No additional tips will be added when you order drinks.

My girlfriend and I had the ultimate package on the NYE Oasis sailing, thought it was worth every single penny! It is a little intimidating upfront with the $60+ per day price tag, and came in at $442.50 per person for the 7night Oasis sailing. Considering how much we drank we well got our monies worth, plus had the peace of mind knowing our cost upfront and not having to worry about a huge bar tab/bill at the end of the cruise. I was drinking 6 to 8 bottles of water plus 2 or 3 Powerades a day to stay hydrated, so figure $30 right there in water/powerade. The coffee served in the windjammer is horrid, so we got iced lattes from cafe promenade every morning for about $5 each. I would drink about 6 beers throughout the day by the pool at about $5 each, plus 2 or 3 frozen cocktails which where about $10 each. Throw in 2 glasses of wine at $10 each a shot of baileys with desert, and a couple vodka cocktails at night for $8 a pop. There really is a value to be had with the packages as I saved a ton of money based on my vacation drinking. It is also nice to order whatever you want, whenever you want and being able to try new things and if you don't like it no money wasted!

do you find you get the same service without adding a tip?

I never added additional tips on individual drinks, service was still phenomenal. Probably because I became really friendly with one of the pool bartenders and one of the bartenders at On Air. When they saw me walking up they already knew my drink order and got it ready lol, hey it's not a drinking problem its vacation!. I gave both of them a $20 on the last day for taking care of me all week.

We are trying to decide if its' worth it to purchase the drink pkg.

What is the standard price for a mixed cocktail?

Do we need to tip?

We are thinking of the Ultimate pkg, which we believe includes bottled water and specialty coffees.

We both bought the premium package a few cruises ago and for me it was so worth it but not so much my DH. I am spoiled now! Since then I always get the premium package for if nothing else convenience!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I like the drink package and will get it again, it pays for itself after 5 or 6 drinks, service is good with or without, but I do tip a dollar or more every once in a while , also no worries what bar bill will be at end of cruise

we like to get them to make us up a bucket of corona's poolside, will they do that with a drink pkg.? Or do you have to buy the drinks individually?

They will only give you one drink at a time.

we like to get them to make us up a bucket of corona's poolside, will they do that with a drink pkg.? Or do you have to buy the drinks individually?

Just a heads up.

The bar service at the pools is unbelievable

Never had to wait more than 10 min for a cold one.

It seems they know where the "thirsty" people are and return frequently.

You will always have a cold one.

As long as you didn't have a bottle in the pool they did not care.

They provided cups

Safe journey

What is the premium tea and coffee included? I'm assuming not Starbucks? Do they make lattes and such at other places?

Yes, depeding on the ship, you can get specialty coffee/tea at Cafe Promenade or Cafe Latte-Tudes. Also at restaurants.

Edited by clarea

We had the ultimate package on our October sailing. Worth it....

that said...

when looking at the menus onboard, we didn't ever order a drink that was more than $12. This time we are planning to get the premium package, as it looks as if there is not much of a difference?

Can anyone confirm this?

We want bottled water, coffee from the promenade, beer, wine and cocktails (under $12). We can get all of that with the Premium package, right?

My husband ordered specialty coffee each night in the MDR, so the ultimate package was good for him.

I do not think you can get premium coffee's with any other package than the Ultimate.

I think the packages are so ambiguous and it makes it so confusing.

The last time we sailed, we got the UP because we knew we would be drinking Starbucks daily. It was fine, until we realized (who had the Royal Refreshment package) was able to get starbucks drinks with his pass also. We were so confused.

We had the ultimate package on our October sailing. Worth it....

that said...

when looking at the menus onboard, we didn't ever order a drink that was more than $12. This time we are planning to get the premium package, as it looks as if there is not much of a difference?

Can anyone confirm this?

We want bottled water, coffee from the promenade, beer, wine and cocktails (under $12). We can get all of that with the Premium package, right?

My husband ordered specialty coffee each night in the MDR, so the ultimate package was good for him.

There is no difference between the Premium and Ultimate packages with regard to alcoholic beverages.

There is no difference between the Premium and Ultimate packages with regard to alcoholic beverages.

So the difference between Premium and Ultimate is the specialty coffees in the MDR? NOT Starbucks branded coffees on the Promenade?

Is that it?

see, ambiguous.

So the difference between Premium and Ultimate is the specialty coffees in the MDR? NOT Starbucks branded coffees on the Promenade?

Is that it?

see, ambiguous.

The Ultimate package adds specialty coffee/tea, fresh squeezed OJ, and bottled sparkling water.

The Premium package does not include any specialty coffee/tea, no matter if in the dining room, Promenade, etc.

The Ultimate package adds specialty coffee/tea, fresh squeezed OJ, and bottled sparkling water.

The Premium package does not include any specialty coffee/tea, no matter if in the dining room, Promenade, etc.

I wish there was a sticky for this.

So the RR package DOES include coffees but the Premium package does NOT.

I guess if I want Starbucks, (or ANY coffee besides the windjammer junk) I am getting the ultimate package then....

I wish there was a sticky for this.

So the RR package DOES include coffees but the Premium package does NOT.

I guess if I want Starbucks, (or ANY coffee besides the windjammer junk) I am getting the ultimate package then....

That is correct, only Replenish and Ultimate include specialty coffee/tea.