Affordable hotels in center of Paris?? Itinerary??

snookie1

Thank you for your suggestion. I've looked up the TRYP on trip advisor and it certainly looks like it has potential. I just wonder if it is even smaller than most. Did you have room for all your suitcases? It is on my list of possibilities. Thanks so much for replying!

Oh my, yes!!! The rooms I've stayed in are quite large. Especially by European standards. By American standards too!

Wish I could post a picture directly without placing them on a different server.

In 2011 we spent 5 great nights at the Hotel Eiffel Seine. It is directly opposite the Metro/RER station Bir Hakim, has many restaurants and shops including a great little supermarket within very easy walking distance. The Seine is just across the road and the Tour Eiffel just around the corner. To top it off we were there on a Sunday and the very extensive Farmer's Market was almost outside our door. We felt it fitted into the 3 star budget we had set for ourselves and we felt it was money well spent. Our review on Trip advisor is now well out of date but you can read what others thought. If the Lotto fairy ever visits our place I'd return there again tomorrow.

I'm seeing prices upwards from 200 euros for that Eiffel Seine. No better than I'm seeing over in the 5th or 6th arr. Is 3* really all you get for that kind of price? I'm looking at the Dauphine Saint Germain, the Verneuil and the Saint-Jacques, all in that price range, all in the 5th I believe. Then I see somewhere like Hotel St. Christophe, also in the Latin Quarter, for much less. Granted, a little towards the edge of the 5th, but still.

Trying to decide if I'll low-ball it or go a little "luxe" this trip.

We stayed at L'Empereur in the 7th arrondissement with views of Invalides (Napoleons Tomb) and a very short walk to Eiffel Tower. There were plenty of restaurants close by and very close to the Metro.

We recommend this lovely boutique hotel. Rooms were of a good size for Paris standards and staff were all very accomodating. We stayed for 5 nights after our river cruise in November. Enjoy your time in Paris. We loved it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all so much for all your help. It was quite a process to decide on a hotel; I even made a spread-sheet to visualize all the pros and cons of each. After much deliberation we decided on Hotel Beaubourg in the Marais (4e). It looks like the rooms are nicely decorated, and we did opt for a larger twin superior room to give us a little extra space. It came in at 170 euros a night, so that is not too bad. And it is within walking distance of Notre Dame, the Louve, and Pompideau Center, at least. My communication with the hotel has been cordial and helpful; so far so good.

Thanks everyone!!:)