Booked 12day Western Mediterranean March 2016

warriorking

Just got back from cancelling my Alaska cruise, went ahead and booked a 12day Western Mediterranean cruise aboard the Norwegian Epic....

Have a nice Aft Balcony on Deck 12.

Since it was a European cruise I got my choice of 2 of the 3 promo offers Norwegian is offering this month..

No drinkers in my party so We got the $200 OBC as well as the unlimited dining package for free...Not bad for just a Balcony room...

Price was much lower than the ridiculous Alaska prices for 2016 ..

Ship sails March16-28th from Barcelona...

Edited by warriorking

Just got back from cancelling my Alaska cruise, went ahead and booked a 12day Western Mediterranean cruise aboard the Norwegian Epic....

Since it was a European cruise I got my choice of 2 of the 3 promo offers Norwegian is offering this month..

No drinkers in my party so We got the $200 OBC as well as the unlimited dining package for free...Not bad for just a Balcony room...

I think you've made an excellent choice. I just cancelled an Alaska cruise, too. I've been twice and that's enough for me. (Especially since I live in the Northwest.) I've sailed Epic and I've done the 12-night Grand Mediterranean. I hope you enjoy both! :)

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

Thanks..

This will be my first time on the Mega ships, my last cruise was on the Jade..

This will be my second cruise in the Med, and my brothers first ever cruise..

Last time on the Jade it rained the entire time I was in Rome in early Feb. of 2010 so hopefully it will be different this go round...

Really hated cancelling the Alaska cruise but the price was just way out of line...

I agree with your choice. In fact, I'm on the same cruise; I booked at 664 days out (now only 421 days until departure). :)

I'm in a studio cabin so not eligible for any promotions like yours, but that's okay because I get use of the studio lounge which is one of the best perks of all.

I sailed on the Epic transatlantic in fall 2011, and that's when I fell in love with the cruising life. Can hardly wait to be onboard the magnificent Epic again.

Besides the money you are saving, this Med cruise has a fantastic itinerary; along with the usual ports we'll also visit Sicily and Sardinia. A dream come true!

Plus the Epic will recently be out of a drydock rehab when we sail. Further, all new entertainment has been announced. I'm so excited!

Norwegian Sun, 7-day Caribbean, Thanksgiving 2014

Norwegian Dawn, 12-day Tampa to Boston, April 2014

Norwegian Jewel, 15-day Panama Canal, Sept 2012

Norwegian Epic, 14-day Transatlantic, Oct 2011

BOOKED:

Norwegian Breakaway, 7-day Bermuda, Oct 11, 2015

Norwegian Epic, 12-day Western Mediterranean, March 16, 2016

Norwegian Epic, 10-day Canary Islands & Morocco, March 28, 2016

Just curious have you started looking into airfare to Europe?

Yes, I realize that it's too early to actually book tickets for March '16. Just asking because I'm looking into a Sept '16 12-day grand med and looking at the same time in '15, I'm getting about $1400pp for airfare. I can go to Thailand for that and Europe is a heck of a lot closer.....

Just wondering what others were seeing....

:D Wow great news...

My travel agent told me airfare prices should also drop soon due to the current low oil prices , it looks like I picked the perfect time to start booking my cruise...

Edited by warriorking

Of course 2016 is a ways away, but I'm hopeful airfare will be no more than $1000 roundtrip Miami to Barcelona. I just checked Kayak and for dates this March (off-season) American is showing price of $975 and some airlines are lower than that. A friend got price of $1100 for this July (high-season) on British Air.

Just did a check for the same time period except I used march of 2015 as the travel date on priceline and it came in at $870.00 Roundtrip from Charleston WV..

I know back in 2010 I got a ticket for just over $600 for a round trip to Barcelona...Looks like the cruise leaves on a Wednesday and arrived back on a Monday in 2016 so that will help keep the cost down somewhat with no Saturday or Sunday flights needed which generally adds a couple hundred dollars to the price off season or not...

Considering that my airfare to Seattle or Vancouver for my cancelled Alaska cruise ran around $500 its still a pretty good deal...

Edited by warriorking

I am booked on this cruise also. Myself and 5 friends are booked in 3 aft balconies on deck 13. Got the UBP and UDP so couldn't say no.

Going on the pearl in March and then the escape maiden TA in October.

Got a busy year.... Can't wait

Hannah xxx

WK - Welcome aboard :-)

There is a group of 6 of us just above you on Deck13 in 13278/80/82 :-)

Done the MED many times now, but first time on the Epic so really looking forward to our time onboard

Its pretty quiet right now, but I have started a thread in the roll call forums as well :-)

Dan

I am booked on this cruise also. Myself and 5 friends are booked in 3 aft balconies on deck 13. Got the UBP and UDP so couldn't say no.

Going on the pearl in March and then the escape maiden TA in October.

Got a busy year.... Can't wait

Hannah xxx

HA! You posted before me and I missed it. guess that what happens when you open many tabs at once and then look thorough them. :-P

Dan

• 6 months later...

HI !! I just booked this trip for our honeymoon, our wedding will be in February :D I was wondering if any of the previous travelers had any comments on the weather? We're from Miami so the cold weather is strange to us but we do hate the heat. We're ready for what we've seen the weather is like online but would love to hear what it truly feels like :p

We just bought air tickets for JAX to Lisbon for $1250 pp for next May.

Still, you may get a little cheaper ticket in March.

Plan on going 3-4 day early and seeing Barcelona and Monserrat.

The Epic is not my favorite ship, since we like the smaller ships, but there is a lot to do on the ship and the food is excellent.

The aft balconies are a bit small, but you will enjoy yourself.

Join the roll call for the cruise and sign up for some private tours.