Anybody ever call Carnival for an upgrade.

soxfanattic

So we are booked on the Liberty for March with Guarantee Balcony cabin. We haven't been assigned yet, still too far out. We got an upgrade e-mail for a Junior Suite for $800 more total. No thanks. This ship has a ton of open cabins both in higher and lower categories than ours. Has anybody ever called Carnival and asked if there were any upgrades available and have it work? Wouldn't mind moving to a Suite for a couple hundred but not $800. Anybody with any experience doing this? Thanks for the help.

yes, people can and have called at any point, and carnival is always willing to sell you an upgrade. prices they will quote will typically be the same as you see on the web site - they typically are not 'deals' or offered at a lower price like the 'upsell fairy' calls and emails.

On our first cruise, I upgraded 3 times before landing a balcony and OBC (started with an inside). I didn't just call and ask if there were any upgrades available though, but I did watch the rates online (both early saver and regular) and took advantage of either a price drop, OBC, or an upgrade when possible. I did my research before I called though so I was prepared and knew my options; I didn't just randomly call and ask to get upgraded. Never hurts to call and try, though.