What's the Nicest Thing a Carnival Team Member Ever Did For You?

winddawn

First (and only so far) cruise, I went with my ex. He was my ex when we booked it..but we were still friends (we dated for 5 years) so we thought it would be great.

Soooooooo wrong. haha I learned this very quickly when he was falling down drunk the first night and just abandoned me. I'm not a great traveler..I tend to be timid and anxious until I am there a bit and feel comfortable.

So when he took off..I kept getting lost on my way to the dining room the first night so I went to my room and cried. lol I was slightly nauseous because it was rough seas, uncomfortable and lost. So I did what any normal girl does in that situation: I tried to call my Mom HAHA But I couldn't get the phone to work and my steward come in..put his arm around me and said "lets call Mom" :) He helped me get her and he was just so kind to me during the whole cruise.

Sometimes the smallest gesture of kindness is the best cure.

First (and only so far) cruise, I went with my ex. He was my ex when we booked it..but we were still friends (we dated for 5 years) so we thought it would be great.

Soooooooo wrong. haha I learned this very quickly when he was falling down drunk the first night and just abandoned me. I'm not a great traveler..I tend to be timid and anxious until I am there a bit and feel comfortable.

So when he took off..I kept getting lost on my way to the dining room the first night so I went to my room and cried. lol I was slightly nauseous because it was rough seas, uncomfortable and lost. So I did what any normal girl does in that situation: I tried to call my Mom HAHA But I couldn't get the phone to work and my steward come in..put his arm around me and said "lets call Mom" :) He helped me get her and he was just so kind to me during the whole cruise.

Isn't it amazing how a little bit of compassion goes such a long way? Carnival's employees are the best part of the brand. And it looks like you've picked a great itinerary for you upcoming October cruise! You'll love Grand Turk and HMC.

I don't have anything to share, as I have ALWAYS been treated nice/good on Carnival ships.

As one of the men that was with us years ago said, "Well back to Campbell's soup." This is so true. We can get so SPOILED on these ships.

Ok, I actually read all 13 pages of this thread today. What a fantastic thread. The crew is definitely why I keep coming back. They always do what they can to make sure I'm having a great vacation. They really kicked it up several notches with my son. Last year, I took my then 5 year old son on his first cruise. Andrei, a waiter on the Lido deck stopped and talked to him every time he saw him, remembering his name. The first night when they met, he sat down with him and read a short kids book on the Mississippi River with him (we cruised out of NOLA) that we brought along. Our steward, and the next steward down the hall, would ask him question about his day...what he had planned, and what he enjoyed most so far. One morning when my son was having a meltdown...the steward came to check on him to make sure he was ok. Seeing one of his new friends perked him up...and he ended up having a great morning.

Those are perfect examples of how Carnival crew members feel about passengers--like they are family. I guess living on a ship for so long makes them long for family moments, and how special it is they created memories for your boys. I'll bet your sons will always remember that. Isn't that what cruising is really all about?

Yes, it absolutely is. :)

That is so incredibly sweet and kind. Wow..twice the man the ex was!