Freedom of the Seas D2 Category Stateroom Forward

The wife and I cruised on the BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS in December. I do not recall the original stateroom location selected, but I changed us to an E2 stateroom Port Forward (7044) which provided us with a larger balcony. I was a little concerned about the location with it being in the vicinity of the Forward Stairs and Elevators (Noise), but never heard a thing and really enjoyed the location. Now, on to the FREEDOM OF THE SEAS. Still being NEW to cruising (1 Carnival, 2 RCI under our belts), these forums, reviews, etc. have been very helpful. I learned very quickly (unfortunately, too late for a cruise on the ENCHANTMENT OF THE SEAS), that there is an advantage to being 'sandwiched' by staterooms above and below. Let me get back on track. I understand that the BOS and FOS are different Class of ship (Size, GW, etc.), but I took a walk a few times to the Starboard Aft on the BOS Deck 8 and 9 to try and assess whether our FOS (D2) Stateroom 8372 selection for our April '15 cruise was a good selection. Not being able to 'hang out' in someones stateroom I leaned towards believing that if I could get a D2 Stateroom in the Forward Port/Starboard location like we had on the BOS, that we may like it a little better. So, when we got back I changed us to a Forward Starboard (D2) Stateroom 8526. Any opinions welcome. Neither of us are seasick prone and the wife would tell you that a little motion in the ocean helps me sleep like a baby.