luggage allowance caribbean fly cruise

sammybonny

We will be flying out to Ventura next friday and I have just noticed that printed on the luggage labels it says 20 kg max but the e-tickets state 23kg.

Does anyone know if this is a mistake or does it mean we need to take 3 cases totalling 46kg

thanks

We had a baggage allowance of 23kg for our Thomson flight to the Ventura in Barbados. We took one suitcase each. If I remember rightly the hand luggage allowance was quite small. Double check with P&O they will set your mind at rest. We had a baggage allowance discrepancy between our outgoing flight from Manchester(23kg) and return flight from Malaga (20kg) but the larger allowance was honoured both ways.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we flew out to Barbados last year we were able to purchase extra luggage allowance for the first time. That was with Thomas Cook but I think you can do it with Thomson as well. If you look on the P&O website under the Help section it will tell you how to do it. You don't do it until a few days before the cruise - I did it by phone and when we arrived at Gatwick it was already on the computer when we checked in and for us it was worthwhile.

We went in November with Thomas Cook, our printed labels did say 20kg per case but we took 2 cases each holding 23kg and had no problems.

The trouble is, if you try to split your allowance between 3 cases, then you have the additional weight of the extra case to take into consideration and means that you are loosing part of your allowance.

Hope that lot makes sense, have a great cruise.

Rick.

We got 20kg on the fly med in June, but we are getting 23kg for our up and coming Caribbean cruise. We fly with Thomson

I think the 5kg for hand luggage is next to useless, my empty bag weighed just over 2kg on the Med trip, leaving less than 3kg for the contents

• 2 weeks later...
We got 20kg on the fly med in June, but we are getting 23kg for our up and coming Caribbean cruise. We fly with Thomson

I think the 5kg for hand luggage is next to useless, my empty bag weighed just over 2kg on the Med trip, leaving less than 3kg for the contents

so suggest you purchase some lighter luggage. When we had replace one large suitcase I persuaded other half to buy a complete new set of lightweight luggage. From Debenhams-Tripp. The difference in weight with our old set was amazing.

Hand luggage I take the lightest I possibly can, short of a plastic carrier bag.