Serenade of the Seas - 300+ staterooms cancelled

Many of us plan to contact the CEO. I imagine they have handled it as much as they are going to. I appreciate the contact information.

No one is accusing Royal Caribbean of wanting it to happen. That would be silly. The problem is how poorly they handled it. As far as judging the Serenade, I think it is fair to judge. Most of the disappointments on board had nothing to do with the electrical problem. The staff worked very hard. I think it is the company making cutbacks to save money and it unfortunately affects the product. For instance there were far fewer activities. They had 3 people doing all of the activities. They usually have 5. I imagine it will show up across the entire line eventually. Our next cruise is with Princess. I'm anxious to see how it compares. I've only sailed Royal Caribbean as far as the large cruise lines are concerned so it will be good to try another.

I'll report back if I get a response from corporate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From what I am reading in your reply, I can't tell if they had fewer people (only 3 you say) handling the activities on board rather than the usual 5 (how are you sure of that) because the 'cruise line pulled them off the ship due to the fact that the ship sailed with less pax' or something else. You say there were far fewer activities -- could that be, because they could not use particular areas where activities would be held due to problems that the leak and electrical issues had caused.

When you judge the ship, you are in fact judging the crew on board. Those crew and staff, you admit worked very hard.

What occurred on the ship absolutely does need to make it to the CEO, Michael Bayley. Adam Goldstein is now the President of the holding company of RCI, namely RCCL. He needs to hear what you saw and were told, and how things were handled.

From what I am reading in your reply, I can't tell if they had fewer people (only 3 you say) handling the activities on board rather than the usual 5 (how are you sure of that) because the 'cruise line pulled them off the ship due to the fact that the ship sailed with less pax' or something else. You say there were far fewer activities -- could that be, because they could not use particular areas where activities would be held due to problems that the leak and electrical issues had caused.

When you judge the ship, you are in fact judging the crew on board. Those crew and staff, you admit worked very hard.

What occurred on the ship absolutely does need to make it to the CEO, Michael Bayley. Adam Goldstein is now the President of the holding company of RCI, namely RCCL. He needs to hear what you saw and were told, and how things were handled.

I was talking to an employee of the ship and mentioned how few activities there seemed to be. She is the one who told e they only had 3 instead of the usual 5 doing activities. After the night all venues were open as far as I know. We heard nothing about employees being taken off of the ship.

I like Royal Caribbean and was surprised at the lower standard I experienced. I don't blame the staff as a whole for the problems. Obviously some staff member is responsible for the problems. I was talking about the servers and the room attendant working hard. The higher ups I wouldn't know unless it shows up down the line which it did.

I was talking to an employee of the ship and mentioned how few activities there seemed to be. She is the one who told e they only had 3 instead of the usual 5 doing activities. After the night all venues were open as far as I know. We heard nothing about employees being taken off of the ship.

I like Royal Caribbean and was surprised at the lower standard I experienced. I don't blame the staff as a whole for the problems. Obviously some staff member is responsible for the problems. I was talking about the servers and the room attendant working hard. The higher ups I wouldn't know unless it shows up down the line which it did.

The activity staff works under the Cruise Director. Usually the CD's staff has 10 other staff members plus himself and the Activity Manager for a total of 12.

Not every one of them is working all day long, because their days can be very long, especially days at sea, when activities (even as mundane as a trivia game) are going on all from mid morning to late at night.

The activity staff works under the Cruise Director. Usually the CD's staff has 10 other staff members plus himself and the Activity Manager for a total of 12.

Not every one of them is working all day long, because their days can be very long, especially days at sea, when activities (even as mundane as a trivia game) are going on all from mid morning to late at night.

Wouldn't the staff vary with capacity of ship, or are you referring to the Vision class specifically

Wouldn't the staff vary with capacity of ship, or are you referring to the Vision class specifically

From what I have learned from people on the entertainment staffs they are all about the same size. Some of the entertainment staff on some ships may also do things in the production shows on the ship, to more fully utilize them.

Lots of activities are going on whether it is a 'small ship' or 'mega ship' -- the trivia game may attract twice as many participants on Allure than on Splendour -- but each trivia game only needs one member of the staff to host it.