Dolphin Cove Jamaica - FY22 or FY24

Hi all,

Myself and my wife to be are honeymooning on the Oasis in October. She has her heart set on the Dolphin swim in Jamaica, but we can't work out which of the shore excursions we should be booking as the desciptions of FY22 and FY24 are very similar.

FY22 - Dolphin Touch Experience & Dunns River Falls with Lunch

"Kiss the face of a bottlenose

dolphin as you swim and play, then enjoy lunch and free time"

FY24 - Dolphin Encounter Swim and Dunns River Falls with Lunch

"you will have the opportunity to swim belly to belly with some of the

world's most gentle dolphins"

From looking on the Dolphin Cove website they have 3 possible packages:

1. Encounter with a Dophin: you will have an amazing encounter as you enter the world of these gentle dolphins. They will give you a kiss and allow you to caress them while standing in knee deep water

2. Swim with a Dolphin: interact with one dolphin while swimming in the deep. Enjoy a kiss, try a dance, perhaps you will get a splash or two and have a real up close experience

3. Ultimate Swim: interact with two dolphins while swimming in the deep. You participate in a brief presentation after which, you enter the world of these amazing creatures

We want to do either the Swim or the Ultimate swim, but we can't work out if they are FY22 or FY24, respectively. It is the mention of swimming in FY22 that is tripping me up, otherwise I would think it is the Encounter Option.

Anyone done the excursion and can tell me exactly which I should be booking?

Thanks.

Hi all,

FY24 - Dolphin Encounter Swim and Dunns River Falls with Lunch

"you will have the opportunity to swim belly to belly with some of the

world's most gentle dolphins"

2. Swim with a Dolphin: interact with one dolphin while swimming in the deep. Enjoy a kiss, try a dance, perhaps you will get a splash or two and have a real up close experience

We did this excursion two years ago (FY24). The "swim w/ dolphin" description is exactly what we did with the dolphins.

I would recommend that you see this documentary:

http://www.thecovemovie.com/

and then decide if you still want to interact and support Dolphins in captivity.

Agree completely. Years ago it was our dream to swim with the dolphins and now I am so glad we changed our mind. Please take a few moments to fully inform yourself before you commit to this activity. These places will all tell you their dolphins are "rescue animals" - simply untrue.

The above film is not for the weak of heart, and "Blackfish" is another. There are also many resources on the web. Here's a good one:

http://us.whales.org/issues/swimming-with-dolphins

Welcome to the Cruise Critic boards and congratulations on your upcoming honeymoon. If your new bride is a true animal lover I bet she'll rethink this excursion. I hope you make memories to last a lifetime!