Oosterdam thoughts

Dobermangal

Not quite sure what you want to know. We sailed on Oosterdam over Xmas/NY, our 4th time in her, and found her as pleasant as always. My favourite varman, Ernie, was tending the Seaview Bar. We had a Neptune Suite and enjoyed the use of the Neptune Lounge. I like HAl becuase, at 56yrs, I'm almost one of the youngsters on board. Not too many kids or boozers on board. Oosterdam is getting towards needing a refurb but always a very pleasant ship.

It's coming on a year since I sailed the Oosterdam, but I have to say I would sail her again in a heartbeat.

She is a beautiful ship, based on the same plans as the Zuiderdam and Westerdam. More importantly, I found the staff and crew on the Oosterdam to be about the best of any HAL ship I have ever sailed. Every single one of them went out of their way to make things easier for me. The shore excursion office, and the much maligned Front Desk were exceptional.

Not quite sure what you want to know. We sailed on Oosterdam over Xmas/NY, our 4th time in her, and found her as pleasant as always. My favourite varman, Ernie, was tending the Seaview Bar. We had a Neptune Suite and enjoyed the use of the Neptune Lounge. I like HAl becuase, at 56yrs, I'm almost one of the youngsters on board. Not too many kids or boozers on board. Oosterdam is getting towards needing a refurb but always a very pleasant ship.

Hi Gerko - I must have boarded as you were disembarking!

We were on the Oosterdam from January 2 - 16 and absolutely loved her. As always, the crew were great.

There were 300 odd children on this sailing and some (but not all) were not supervised as well as they should have been by their parents. This did cause some problems in the MDR and by the Seaview pool. Having said that, it didn't affect us or our enjoyment of the cruise.

We were in a Neptune Suite which was sensational.

I did notice changes to the menu compared to my two previous cruises, but wonder if that may have been an attempt to cater to the Aussie market as she was sailing out of Sydney.

It's coming on a year since I sailed the Oosterdam, but I have to say I would sail her again in a heartbeat.

She is a beautiful ship, based on the same plans as the Zuiderdam and Westerdam. More importantly, I found the staff and crew on the Oosterdam to be about the best of any HAL ship I have ever sailed. Every single one of them went out of their way to make things easier for me. The shore excursion office, and the much maligned Front Desk were exceptional.

Good to hear that, Ruth, as we are sailing on the Oosterdam on Friday, Sydney to Sydney, around New Zealand. First time aboard her, but hoping she will be as good as the Noordam in which we did the Mediterranean last year. Must say it's nice to be sailing from our home port for a change and not have a long plane flight (sometimes 24 hours) ahead.

Ozcruizer