Quick ES question

LilMissScareAll

I'm pretty sure that I know the answer but I'd like some confirmation...

We booked ES last year, are past final payment date. We are booked in interior rooms. The price of balconies has dropped dramatically. It's only $70 more to upgrade.

If I upgrade to this new category, we will still be early saver and still elegible for price drops on our new category room, correct?

I would recommend asking that question very clearly if you call in to upgrade.

There are special sales from time to time that if you choose to upgrade under that sale then it could nullify your ES.

You can call in - find out - and then make your decision. I have done that from time to time and Carnival answered my questions beautifully, spent as much time as needed with me, and even if I chose not to change my booking they were as pleasant as could be.

I would recommend asking that question very clearly if you call in to upgrade.

There are special sales from time to time that if you choose to upgrade under that sale then it could nullify your ES.

You can call in - find out - and then make your decision. I have done that from time to time and Carnival answered my questions beautifully, spent as much time as needed with me, and even if I chose not to change my booking they were as pleasant as could be.

In General you are still ES if you upgrade, but as pointed out here I have seen certain promotions with the stipulation that if you take an upgrade you are now booked as that promotion and not ES and no longer qualified for the price protection.

I did this exact thing last year.

Booked inside, the balcony price was 70 dollars more.

I upgraded, and then could match the balcony price on ES.

Just curious, has the interior price dropped too?

Last year the interior price had dropped as well, and I thought I could use the OBC (past final payment) to move up to the balcony room (just deduct the 70 from my OBC). This was NOT the case, I had to pay the 70 to upgrade but kept all the OBC that had accumulated from the interior price drop.

Nope. Interior is still never gone down from what I paid. In fact it has stayed $20-30 more than what I paid for the past year. Right now it's only a $40 difference between an interior room and a balcony. So no OBC for me so far.

Called today and the PVP told me it would be 160 to upgrade 😡. Not sure where he was getting the extra $90 from...

Then he told me the room I wanted to upgrade to was a cove balcony 😕. On a Spirit class ship.... on deck 5....

I think I shall be calling back and speaking to someone else. This guy (my old PVP is no longer there) obviously needs some more training

Edited by LilMissScareAll