Will Canada/USA currency exchange detract cruising with Celebrity

Spartan Tartan

I just called the Celebrity # 1 888 283 6768. Asked if they could help me buy OBC in US funds but paying in Can . She said yes, and I told her how much I wanted and tho it took a few minutes she put it thru and sent me the e - mail confirming it.

I then went on currency converter and found

I saved $30.

Princess has a very good rate also. My deposit was $200 U.S. for my DH and I and they only charged me $20.00 for the exchange. I have a cruise booked with Celebrity for 2017 in U.S. currency and I am wondering if I should take a chance and leave it and hope our dollar goes back up a bit. The price for that cruise has gone up about $700 p/p so I don't want to have to pay the new price. I think I will phone and see what Celebrity says.

Looking at this Tuesday's Xciting Deals and noticed that the USD FX rate has increased to $1.24 CAD (e.g. Canadian dollar is now worth 80 cents USD). I think Celebrity may be increasing the FX rate this week.

For example, the 17 night Tahitian Treasures cruise for a Suite is $3,799 USD, and $4,709 CAD.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

I booked 2 more cruises today to take advantage of the current Celebrity exchange rate (at $1.12 CAD), as well as booking more OBC (which is still at $1.09 CAD).

Edited by El_aurens

Looking at this Tuesday's Xciting Deals and noticed that the USD FX rate has increased to $1.24 CAD (e.g. Canadian dollar is now worth 80 cents USD). I think Celebrity may be increasing the FX rate this week.

For example, the 17 night Tahitian Treasures cruise for a Suite is $3,799 USD, and $4,709 CAD.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

I booked 2 more cruises today to take advantage of the current Celebrity exchange rate (at $1.12 CAD), as well as booking more OBC (which is still at $1.09 CAD).

Well done...I only book directly with the cruise lines in Canadian and only if the price is right. Not a hope in H*LL I would pay $1.27Cnd to $1.00 US to travel right now. I pay for my shore excursion in CND. And have done the same as you, buying huge lots of OBC at 27.20 for $25.00 US that works out to be $1.09 or $1.14 if you cash out.

Edited by Searanger