Super Bowl Ad

Tarpeian Rock

I knew nothing about a contest to choose the ad, nor did I watch the Super Bowl, but I did see all the ads last night on the internet. The JFK one was okay, did not offend me in any way, but really didn't sell me on cruising. I like the Message in a Bottle one more.

I agree that the Cruise Virgin ad was too crude. Yes, sex sells in Super Bowl ads and elsewhere, but there was an "icky" feel to some of the lines. "The first time was with my parents"? Eeew. And the one about it not lasting long enough was also cringe-inducing.

Was the one where the woman drops everything to catch a cruise also in the contest? That was totally stupid. I'll take JFK or the little girl any day.

Can't agree more! The Cruise Virgin did have quite a bit of the ick factor, you are right. Not only the suggestive comments, but the visuals too. You have to view it a couple times to see those.

And what about the guy who said the first time he did it, he did it by himself, but now he wants to try it with someone!!! :eek:

As far as not knowing it was a Carnival Corp. ad, as some mentioned, none of the four ads revealed that at the beginning.

So none of the spots would be an in-your-face "We are the nine brands of Carnival Corp."

The idea is to get non-cruisers to think about cruising.