Monkeys Which is best?

29dawgs

My wife and daughter are wanting to see and hold monkeys while in Roatan. We would also like to get some time on the beach. Looking at Victor Bodden, Island Marketing, or booking Gumbulimba Park through the ship. Any suggestions? Leaning to Bodden Tours but want to make sure it is the right choice. Thanks.

The monkeys were definitely the highlight of our Victor Bodden tour a few weeks ago. You probably can combine the monkeys with a stop at a beach.

Last year we went to Fantasy Island which was a nice beach and there were monkeys there that peoe interacted with, although they were not in cages and a little more unpredictable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Ronystours.com. He is a great guy and sooo friendly. His business is smaller than Victor's - Rony will personally meet you. He offers a private freestyle tour that is perfect. We have used him at least 5 times or more. It's great to be able to have a plan, but deviate from it at any time you choose.

We have been to both monkey parks with Rony. The one place, they are in a large cage you enter. The other - they just run wild all over the place. There are also other animals at each park. At the one with the cage, you will have a young guide to take you to see each animal - they keep you moving - with a brief visit at each. The other park, you can just wander around and look at all the animals and watch the monkey play all around you. You can stay there as long as you like. There is also a butterfly enclosure there.

Either way, Rony will make sure you have a memorable day!

• 1 month later...
Another recommendation for Ronystours.com. He is a great guy and sooo friendly. His business is smaller than Victor's - Rony will personally meet you. He offers a private freestyle tour that is perfect. We have used him at least 5 times or more. It's great to be able to have a plan, but deviate from it at any time you choose.

We have been to both monkey parks with Rony. The one place, they are in a large cage you enter. The other - they just run wild all over the place. There are also other animals at each park. At the one with the cage, you will have a young guide to take you to see each animal - they keep you moving - with a brief visit at each. The other park, you can just wander around and look at all the animals and watch the monkey play all around you. You can stay there as long as you like. There is also a butterfly enclosure there.

Either way, Rony will make sure you have a memorable day!

I'm confused. Does Rony's tour or Bodden's tour have the monkeys in cages?

Any taxi or your company will take you to see the monkeys and take you to West Bay beach. We hire a private driver for the day and we did both last time. It was great. If you want to go with a group, Bodden is good and I hear a lot of great things about Rony as well.

Best stop this past trip - Daniels monkey and sloth habitat! I use CHANNIN BODDIN TOURS as a guide for the day, and this last trip, he took us to Daniels. Check them both out on TripAdvisor. Unlike a lot of the other monkey places, this one is small and not overburdened by the cruise lines tours. very small groups, with a guide - birds, unlimited time with monkeys, and sloths!!!!

• 3 months later...

Don't miss this, but be sure to watch your pockets. You will have to leave bottles, etc outside. A guide will offer sunflower seeds for a monkey while it is on your shoulder, or head!. I had one reach into my pocket, removed a small plastic bag I use for loose coins, etc. He/she jumped to the top rafter, and with it's teeth tore open the bag, no food, so the bad was dropped to the floor. Great photo ops, use flash. Have fun, I did.

Fantasy Island beach resort has a nature area with monkeys and other animals. The monkeys will come right down out of the trees and approach you. Put out your arm and they will climb on your shoulder. They actually took my son's sun glasses and played with them for a while. Got some great photos. The monkey eventually returned them - with only minor damage! Lots of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

There are actually 3 monkey parks now. Ronystours.com is the best! Rony will take you to any of them. Two of them have the monkeys in the cages, the other, the monkeys are just running loose. The one also has a sloth that you can hold - incredible!

I highly recommend Rony. We have used him many times. You will have a great day with him for sure!

I have been to two of the three monkey locations. I prefer Victor Bodden's Monkey Adventure. It was $7 pp last Dec. 2014 and we were guided around, in, and thru cages. You could linger as long as you liked. (We went with Victor Bodden private car and driver service and went where we wanted and stayed as long as we wanted). The main cage we went into had young monkeys that would curl up on your shoulder. They loved my Mom and petted her hair and actually kissed her on the cheek. But they seemed to like playing rough with me and tried to knock my sunglasses off for fun. They also had sloths , various birds and a few other type of animals.

I also like to give Victor's monkeys my business because his location is an actual monkey sanctuary where they take in orphaned/sick monkeys and nurse them back to health. Every monkey is vaccinated and fed a healthy diet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't really say for the other locations. I know that some - not all - locations are just wild monkeys in the surroundings that the guides offer food for them to come down to the people. I don't see how these could be vaccinated but I could be wrong.

I will be back in Roatan in a couple months and have booked the Fun N Sun Tour for the 6 of us with Victor Bodden. This is not a private car and driver but is shared on a scheduled excursion to see his monkeys, sightseeing around the island plus time at the Bananarama beach resort. My brother-in-law refuses to go in the monkey cages and will watch from outside the cage. The rest of the family can't wait. This will be the first time for all of them while it will be my 4th time to Roatan. BTW. the tour is only $30 per person.

In regards to monkeys being vaccinated do any other tourist spots care for their monkeys in this way? I'll confess I have a fear of Monkeys and I think if I knew they were vaccinated, I would be more prone to letting my daughter see them. :)
Edited by SHayesShip

I can't really say for the other locations. I know that some - not all - locations are just wild monkeys in the surroundings that the guides offer food for them to come down to the people. I don't see how these could be vaccinated but I could be wrong.

I will be back in Roatan in a couple months and have booked the Fun N Sun Tour for the 6 of us with Victor Bodden. This is not a private car and driver but is shared on a scheduled excursion to see his monkeys, sightseeing around the island plus time at the Bananarama beach resort. My brother-in-law refuses to go in the monkey cages and will watch from outside the cage. The rest of the family can't wait. This will be the first time for all of them while it will be my 4th time to Roatan. BTW. the tour is only $30 per person.

:) My daughter loves the little guys and it flips me out. I did hold one last time we were there only because it was a baby. I figured the chances of it being ill were slim. For me the issue is rabies. I freak out around bats too.

• 3 weeks later...
The monkeys were definitely the highlight of our Victor Bodden tour a few weeks ago.

I agree. The butterfly conservatory also has several monkeys that will interact with you.

Our driver (Big Al) let us just adjust as we wanted. Great time.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...