How are upgrades given?

blueflower1968

Just a quick question...how are upgrades given?

My friend is on the Breakaway this week...when she checked in she was given an upgrade, an inside cabin on the 5th floor to a family villa in the Haven suites...how does this happen? Is it NCL or the travel agent that takes care of this?

There's this fairy that goes around waving her wand over random passengers. No one has been able to interview her to find out how she picks the passengers. :)

Seriously, no one has been able to determine why people get upgraded but theories abound. They give them to new cruisers to get them hooked. Or they give the to the cruisers with a lot days cruising as a reward.

Another theory is that revenue management decided they need another inside to sell, and knew they weren't likely to sell the Haven villa. So the computer picked one of the inside cabins at random, and upgraded them to a suite.

Edited by CantanaLobo

Wow what an amazing upgrade! I have 2 ov guarantees booked for our March cruise on the Breakaway. I'm not looking for an upgrade ( booked guarantee for the price reductions) but I sure wouldn't turn down an upgrade to a Haven suite!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wife and I have been upgraded twice on BA. First time was a balcony to haven spa suite, and second time was to a category M9 minisuite. We also go frequently (3-4 times per year). NCL tends to upgrade those that sail more frequently.

UPNYGuy