NCL Getaway elevators

Gaprofitt

Never been on a ship without mid-ship elevators? Is this strange? I welcome the extra walking but can't imagine the older crowd enjoys that.

There are several ships like that sailing around the world, we disembarked from Celebrity Reflection on Saturday and it (and other Solstice class ships) also have only two elevator banks and the crowd was definitely older than on NCL ships during the same time of the year.

As others have said, the setup works reasonably well because of the total number of elevators. Only downside - as also said in previous answers - is that if your cabin is in the very front of the ship, there will be a lot of walking. However the elevators are located so that most public venues are in between them so you'd have to walk the distance anyway, having an extra bank of elevators wouldn't help there.

Assuming the elevator bank is in the same location as on BA, the "forward" elevator bank is really more midship than forward.

I agree...I did a guarantee balcony for the BA 2-nighter last weekend and ended up with a cabin all the way forward on deck 13. Wasn't the best location and the walk from the forward elevators was very long, so it seemed they are in fact not as forward as you may think.

Most of the ships I've been on don't have midship elevators, besides Carnival, which won't happen again. I'm used to the 2 banks, works fine, as long as their are enough elevators to handle that number of passengers for that ship.