Bad subject but cigs !!

ellyg1824

Sorry to ask but I know a lot of people are anti smoking but do they sell them on ventura or do I need to either buy duty free or get some in Barbados ? Also is sun cream more or less expensive in the caribbean or should I order some off suncare central as usual ! Also can you take a bottle of lemonade on board as a mixer ? Sorry I'm an accountant, northern and therefore a tight wad !! X

Yes they will sell cigarettes on the ship but if I were you I would buy them at the airport before you fly.

Take some sun cream with you or if weight is tight buy it on the ship, there isn't a lot of difference.

The lemonade shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry to ask but I know a lot of people are anti smoking but do they sell them on ventura or do I need to either buy duty free or get some in Barbados ? Also is sun cream more or less expensive in the caribbean or should I order some off suncare central as usual ! Also can you take a bottle of lemonade on board as a mixer ? Sorry I'm an accountant, northern and therefore a tight wad !! X

By far the cheapest place to buy cigarettes is in the Captains Locker duty free shop in Phillipsberg, St Maarten. They are approximately £10 for 200 (Superkings).

By far the cheapest place to buy cigarettes is in the Captains Locker duty free shop in Phillipsberg, St Maarten. They are approximately £10 for 200 (Superkings).

I've picked up similar priced cigs from the airport in Antigua - apparently they don't taste the same as British bought ones though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've picked up similar priced cigs from the airport in Antigua - apparently they don't taste the same as British bought ones though.

Good spot RL BTW what will be the return taxi fare from the cruise port to the airport ?

BTW From my experience (ex smoker) the prices at the port shops in Barbados where competitive but not as cheap as St Maarten. Oh I don't remember finding any difference between UK and Caribbean purchases of the same brand.

Good spot RL BTW what will be the return taxi fare from the cruise port to the airport ?

BTW From my experience (ex smoker) the prices at the port shops in Barbados where competitive but not as cheap as St Maarten. Oh I don't remember finding any difference between UK and Caribbean purchases of the same brand.

It was airside CB so no good to you, I dont think there is a shop landside.

At £10 a carton there has to be something going on somewhere, I doubt they leave BAT's factory for less than that.

They are about £88 in the UK for a carton, take off a mammoth amount of tax and duty, take off the retailers margin, the wholesalers cut, the transportation costs etc and to be selling at £10 a carton makes no sense at all.

It was airside CB so no good to you, I dont think there is a shop landside.

At £10 a carton there has to be something going on somewhere, I doubt they leave BAT's factory for less than that.

They are about £88 in the UK for a carton, take off a mammoth amount of tax and duty, take off the retailers margin, the wholesalers cut, the transportation costs etc and to be selling at £10 a carton makes no sense at all.

The tax burden on a packet of 20 cigarette's is upto 88% according to the tobacco manufactures:eek:

Just glad I don't smoke.

Edited by hammers

They are not called cigarettes in Barbados, they are called Cancer-Sticks and are illegal to smoke in public, as is wearing any camouflage clothing. Be warned !

You are close with the above but not quite right.

You can smoke walking down the street in Barbados and you can smoke on the beach - both of which I would deem as public places.