St. Kitts, St. Marteen, San Juan and Grand Turk

chell75@aol.com

An inexpensive family thing to do in San Juan is flying kites on hill area that faces El Morro fort. Popular with locals. No problem getting kites up in air with ocean breeze. We brought our own inexpensive Walmart kites, but heard can be purchased there. Next trip bringing one with stronger string and a a better way to wind it in.

Also if I to photography - some really great shots of ocean and if not creeped out, the cemetery by fort has amazing carvings. Breath taking.

Great suggestion about the kites. I had totally forgot about that until you mentioned it. Fun pictures too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone done this route from the Sunshine?

My party will be my husband & myself (we've been on several cruises) & our 2 friends who have never cruised before. We've never been on this ship or to any of these ports so I'd love any and all suggestions. We are all in our late 20's and are looking for off the beaten path (but safe) & fun things to do at each stop.

I know we want to go to Maho beach to watch the planes, & for sure the Conch graveyard.... Any other suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone done this route from the Sunshine?

My party will be my husband & myself (we've been on several cruises) & our 2 friends who have never cruised before. We've never been on this ship or to any of these ports so I'd love any and all suggestions. We are all in our late 20's and are looking for off the beaten path (but safe) & fun things to do at each stop.

I know we want to go to Maho beach to watch the planes, & for sure the Conch graveyard.... Any other suggestions?

We did a tour at st maarten where we stopped for less than an hour at maho beach. This time we are going to take a taxi directly to maho beach just to watch the planes. We had so much fun. When we went to grand turk, we went to the beach and if you keep walking you will get to the graveyard. We even brought home two conch shells which are still in my backyard. Only another couple was walking there. We then went over to margaritville and hung out for a while. Puerto Rico we just walked around because when we went it was more evening. This time we are walking to the forts. St. Kitts I am still very unsure what to do. But I just wanted to let you know that going to Maho Beach and Conch Graveyard are good things to do.

Below are photos of the beach at Shipwreck Beach Bar and Grill. There are no rocks/shells, there was some seaweed piled up in areas. It is a beautiful area, but not much sand. There are monkeys and mongooses that come down from the woods. Good off shore snorkeling. It was a $16 one way taxi for 3 people when we went last year. We are going back in November, cannot wait.

1768979708_stkitts.jpg.b03fb7bd9b55cffc291919694c64b043.jpg

mongoose.jpg.e623d7aca4657f2833e00e78712b6032.jpg

monkeys.jpg.6cfd2b70e037269e077cccc711f759ca.jpg

shipwreck.jpg.b59a8ed81b95a9850bc40a23ba59a767.jpg

Edited by sweenbean21