AOS Adventure Beach

We are taking our kids on the Adventure of the Seas in 2016. For us, this cruise is about the locations and not so much the ship. We have been on the Adventure before, but without our kids. They have already been on the Freedom and Allure. I'm looking to get pictures of the Adventure Beach area. I have a feeling it will be too childish for my two (8 and 11). Any insight would be great.

Thank You

No...it won't be "too childish"...they are pretty "dead on" with age related activities!!! They will not be in the same group, however. It's 9--11.....the 8 year old will be down a group. The 8 year old group will be too young for the 11 year old. If they find that your 8 year old is bored, they may move him up, if he's very near turning 9...

Edited by cb at sea

No...it won't be "too childish"...they are pretty "dead on" with age related activities!!! They will not be in the same group, however. It's 9--11.....the 8 year old will be down a group. The 8 year old group will be too young for the 11 year old. If they find that your 8 year old is bored, they may move him up, if he's very near turning 9...

The OP is asking about adventure beach, not adventure ocean.

To the OP, this link will show you some pictures of adventure beach.

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/publicspaces/12_youth-advbeach/gallery.html

I don't think an 8 and 11 year old will be too thrilled with the area as it is aimed at the younger crowd.

Edited by reallyitsmema

My kids were three and five when we went on Adventure - they loved adventure beach. Their cousins liked it too (age 6 and 9) but they spent more time at the big pool. I think the 8 year old might like Adventure beach, but the 11 year old will likely have fun going down the slide a few times, but even that is really tame and won't entertain her for the week.

I don't have a ton of pictures, but from what I remember there are three pools. One has a tiny slide (the one the boy is on in the picture) and it is about a foot deep. It's pictured in the second picture, If you look on the left side you can see the slide. One is kind of like a donut, it's a circle with a deep center, and shallow edges and the third has the larger slide that dumps into a splash pool. You can kind of see that one on the right side of the second picture behind the white, funnel shaped pipe. There are also sprays on a pole (seen behind the third picture of the girl going down the slide) and a waterfall feature on one of the pools if I remember correctly. I have almost no pictures that actually show the pools for some reason, which is weird because we spent a ton of time there - but here's what I do have:

Vacation2009132_zps2c056492.jpg

IMG_2195_zpsa743e91c.jpg

Vacation2009053_zpsf46a3874.jpg