Mendenhall glacier question

Open sea

Our plan is to walk to the Mendenhall Glacier when in Juneau. We arrive at 7:00 am and would like to get early start. From what I read a cab is $35 one way.

The question is, if we take a cab there then can we come back one way via the express blue bus?

Are there other options for getting up there first thing in the am as opposed to waiting for the blue bus starting time of 9:00 am?

Thanks.

Our plan is to walk to the Mendenhall Glacier when in Juneau. We arrive at 7:00 am and would like to get early start. From what I read a cab is $35 one way.

The question is, if we take a cab there then can we come back one way via the express blue bus?

Are there other options for getting up there first thing in the am as opposed to waiting for the blue bus starting time of 9:00 am?

Thanks.

Wow! Good for you. I think the Mendenhall Glacier is about 12-14 miles from downtown Juneau!

I, too, am interested in one-way transportation back to downtown from the Glacier. The independent whale watching tour we booked includes a drop-off at the Glacier (or a ride back to our ship).

Edited by lucky cal

There are 2 shuttle companies but neither one starts at 7am. Yes, you could take a cab there and buy a one-way ticket back. (buy from whichever company is in the lot when you're ready to leave).

http://www.juneautours.com/

http://mightygreattrips.com/products-page/juneau/mgts-blue-glacier-express-2/

The city bus is another option. You'll have to look on line to see how early they start. The bus is only $2 but it drops you off a mile from the Visitor Center.

p.s. you might want to check with your roll call .... maybe someone else would share the cab ride with you.

Thanks.

We are being dropped off at Mendenhall after our tour too. I contacted the shuttle company to make sure we could get back was advised YES. Just purchase front the bus driver. Cost is $10.00 this year

Thanks.

As has been said, it is quite a hike and there just are better things to do with the time you have.

If there are ships in port I would expect that there is some sort of transportation to Mendenhall. Check it out.

Cheers

Len

We are going in August and all the tours I find do a one hour glacier then three hour whale watching.....would you mind telling me which tour operator does the glacier drop off after the whale watching? Thanks.

We are doing Harv & Marv they only do 15 minutes at the Glacier. Not enough time for us so we have asked to be dropped off at the Glacier after our whale watch tour. We will catch the shuttle back after visiting the falls