Meet RCI President Michael Bayley - Live Chat Feb. 10!

http://live.cruisecritic.com/Event/Cruise_Critic_Live_Meet_RCI_President_Michael_Bayley?Page=0

Hoping this works above, this is the transcript of the Q&A - although there were lots of questions that were not recorded or posted - I posted questions that did not appear, time constraints I suppose...

As you will see, not all of the questions were answered...

Did you notice the poll on favorite ship?

Radiance class placed fourth behind Quantum. :eek::D

So, let me see if I understand this then:

You're the president of a large company that lives and dies by customer service and you come on here and pay lip service to everything and don't really answer anything?

You had a CAPTIVE AUDIENCE of your customers. A FREE feedback session and you blew it.

How shameful.

You're the president of a large company that lives and dies by customer service and you come on here and pay lip service to everything and don't really answer anything?

You had a CAPTIVE AUDIENCE of your customers. A FREE feedback session and you blew it.

How shameful.

Like!

How shameful.

But this is the man who saved us all from Dynamic Dining. :p

I would have been thrilled to see Michael Bayley handle the call differently, yet I did not expect him to do it differently.

Companies want to be vague with details and let those details out 'when and how they want to do it'.

What I believe he should have done -- is give out nuggets of info that are literally harmless....what is the name of the next Oasis Class ship-- its a name, nothing more -- as people have side Hotel Directors are giving it out on board ships already.

He could have said I can't disclose which specific ship is replacing Majesty, but it will be a ship from the XXXXXX Class. At this point it seems foolish to just say, the next deployment schedule will be out next month, watch for it.

You satisfy the 'savage beast' by giving the beast a little food, and letting them go back to sleep.....but now the discussion is more about his lack of information giving than anything else.

My expectations were low, so I wasn't disappointed....but I would have like to be 'thrilled' instead. But I wasn't.