Mystery Dinner on Radiance of the Seas

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any information on the Mystery dinner? My husband doesn't want to go if they will approach him and make him the centre of attention. He likes to go to these events but only if he's not in any way directly involved.

Thanks,

:):):)

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any information on the Mystery dinner? My husband doesn't want to go if they will approach him and make him the centre of attention. He likes to go to these events but only if he's not in any way directly involved.

Thanks,

Sorry, but thought it was a thread about a plated presentation in the MDR, where Sea Bream was replaced with a mysterious lump. After much back and forth, together with multiple Chef denials, the RM admitted it was Moon Fish.

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Just check out the menu before signing up. On the EOS last November we signed up for the Mystery Dining dinner in Portofino's, expecting food from Portofino's, and the morning of the dinner they sent us our tickets/ reminder, and listed as the dinner choices from dinners we had just had last night and the night before in the MDR. We called and they said with this many at one time that was the dinner choices. We canceled and just went to Portofino's the next night had had their normal menu one of the most wonderful meals of the cruise. I know we missed a fun time but did not want to eat the same food we just had.

We had booked this for last year but cancelled our cruise on the day of departure because my Dad died. But we are heading back again on 15th May and when we can booking this mystery dinner as we had so many good reviews about it from other people. I too don't like to be the center of attention and was assured this wouldn't be the case as you can participate as little or as much as you like.

I'm sure it will be great fun!

• 3 months later...

I just received an email from Royal asking us to sign up for the "Mystery Dinner" when we sail on Independence in September. I've NEVER seen this on any of my Royal cruises? Did a cruise critic search and this was the newest thread that came up.

Has anyone done one of these lately and was it enjoyable? How was the food......really don't want to eat MDR food if I'm paying $50 a head.

Thanx!

I just received an email from Royal asking us to sign up for the "Mystery Dinner" when we sail on Independence in September. I've NEVER seen this on any of my Royal cruises? Did a cruise critic search and this was the newest thread that came up.

Has anyone done one of these lately and was it enjoyable? How was the food......really don't want to eat MDR food if I'm paying $50 a head.

Thanx!

The food is a choice of two entrees from Giovanni's table, with unlimited house wine. This is from a year ago, but will give you an idea:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39712848&postcount=7