2016. Cruisers who want to lose

MikeNKim

I'm doing horrible in my plan. I have been sick (URI & Sinus infection) which need steroids and antibiotics to clear up then once that was done, I injured my back to the point of needing steroids once again to bring down the inflammation. I'm not bothering watching my diet until I am off these steroids.

I'm doing horrible in my plan. I have been sick (URI & Sinus infection) which need steroids and antibiotics to clear up then once that was done, I injured my back to the point of needing steroids once again to bring down the inflammation. I'm not bothering watching my diet until I am off these steroids.

Debala I have been there. Not fun. Just take care of yourself and heal. You know where we are when you are better.

There is a new sweetener called erythritol that does not effect your sugar and your body does not absorb it. It doesn't measure equally to sugar so you may need to play with it.I use the cookbooks from low carbing among friends and they have some great recipes. It keeps me from being bored with what I eat. I've also read that if you are eating low carb, if you increase your healthy fats some that can make the weight decrease. ( that only works on low carb eating!). Good luck!

Thank you for the information. I will check it out.

Still struggling but with the warmer temps my appetite has decreased.:)

Your welcome! I think , for me, that some of the things I was eating and drinking were causing some issues with my cravings and hunger. I am almost 63 years old and I have totally changed the way I cook and look at food. Was it easy? Absolutely not!! I have faith in you that you will find out what works for you. Don't put any pressure on yourself because I found out the more I hated my weight the more stress I was under and it took way too much effort to change. Does that make sense ? For me a low carb eating plan worked. I'm cooking with food now that I never dreamed of liking before. I replaced French fries with zucchini strips rolled in pork rind and Parmesan and baked in the oven. Delicious and crunchy! I make hot wings and a delicious fried chicken cooked in the oven. I also make a mashed cauliflower with bacon in it that nobody knows it isn't potatoes. I thank God everyday for His help in this change and pray that I stay on it. I still have a lot of weight to lose but I'm not stressing over it. I believe it will happen! Luvscruising2007 you are way ahead of me because my appetite didn't lessen ! I wish you well!

Your welcome! I think , for me, that some of the things I was eating and drinking were causing some issues with my cravings and hunger. I am almost 63 years old and I have totally changed the way I cook and look at food. Was it easy? Absolutely not!! I have faith in you that you will find out what works for you. Don't put any pressure on yourself because I found out the more I hated my weight the more stress I was under and it took way too much effort to change. Does that make sense ? For me a low carb eating plan worked. I'm cooking with food now that I never dreamed of liking before. I replaced French fries with zucchini strips rolled in pork rind and Parmesan and baked in the oven. Delicious and crunchy! I make hot wings and a delicious fried chicken cooked in the oven. I also make a mashed cauliflower with bacon in it that nobody knows it isn't potatoes. I thank God everyday for His help in this change and pray that I stay on it. I still have a lot of weight to lose but I'm not stressing over it. I believe it will happen! Luvscruising2007 you are way ahead of me because my appetite didn't lessen ! I wish you well!

What a great attitude you have!! It's true just changing the way you eat and the way you look at food is a huge thing! And the less stress about your weight the better - that's a difficult one to do!! I'm trying to do that as well. Trying not to put so much pressure on myself on losing! Just trying to keep the eating healthy and exercise in check and see what happens!

Hello everyone. I'm booked on a cruise for February. Would like to lose 30 lbs by then. I did whole 30 back in February. It definitely worked for me. I was strict with it for 60 days. I lost 22 pounds. I've since then not stuck to it strictly. I've stayed the same. I'm a runner. I run about 100 miles a month,sometimes more. I struggle with my weight. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome.makes it very hard. But i just keep going. It's nerve racking all the holidays the months before my cruise.

Hdowney- congratulations! Sam73 wow you clock a lot of miles! I'm sorry to hear about you medical issues. Don't get down on yourself about your weight-- it doesn't come on all at once-- it sounds like you are going to do ok with the weight. It might just take a little longer and that is ok.

Keep up the work ladies! I've lost 5 lbs so far, which was my goal by Memorial Day. I'm using My Fitness Pal app and it's really helping me by logging all my calories. I'm also making better food choices. I'm really trying to increase my fiber content, which MFP tracks as well. I do fine as long as I'm home, but it's a lot harder when I have to eat out. But that's life, and as long as I don't do it every day that's OK. I'm trying to make better food choices when I do eat out, but that's hard as well. If you have to spend 20 bucks on something and nothing appeals to you on the menu that appears to be somewhat healthy that's when I struggle. So I just try to eat less and fill up on salad. My next goal weight is another 5lbs by the middle of July.

Karen

Hoping to be down my first 10 before the end of June. Seems high but it is the first of many. Health obstacles make things harder sometimes but just have to stick with it. I have a few of my own. Having some stomach issues this week which I find hard to eat right but doing my best.

Time to get serious! I was hoping to lose for my daughter's grad - which was last Thursday and Friday and I lost a little bit, but not nearly as much as I wanted. So I'm going to go back on MyFitnessPal. Anyone else on there? My user name is canadiangirl014 and I have an open diary. If anyone wants to be friends on there, just put CC in your request and I'll accept. I need motivation and accountability.

Good luck to all and congrats to those who have been sharing their successes. :-)

Robin

I'm on there but for the life of me I can't remember my details.

Haven't weighed in yet this week. 8 day migraine might have something to do with that.

So my early September land based vacation has to be scrapped due to a multitude of reasons. So hoping Monday to book a 7n Med cruise from Rome on MSC in December!

UGH I know I should be glad with any weight loss - but 1 lb. a week is getting on my nerves. This is this 3rd week in a row that i've only lost 1 lb.!! So frustrating!! Need to try and change something up! Just not sure what!

UGH I know I should be glad with any weight loss - but 1 lb. a week is getting on my nerves. This is this 3rd week in a row that i've only lost 1 lb.!! So frustrating!! Need to try and change something up! Just not sure what!

Same here. I've only lost 1 pound a week for the 4th week in a row... I'm trying not to get discouraged but I definitely need to figure something out....

Been the same for a month and a half. I swear summer time is the worst time to diet. Too many parties,festivals,barbecues,etc.... oh well I keep going. Better to stay the same than gain I guess

Been the same for a month and a half. I swear summer time is the worst time to diet. Too many parties,festivals,barbecues,etc.... oh well I keep going. Better to stay the same than gain I guess

That's true! Better to stay the same than gain!! It is tough in the summer! I try to stay on track as best as possible!

DaiLina - That's the toughest thing for me - trying not to get discouraged! But one day at a time! Going to change the workouts a bit and see if that changes any.

Stay positive everyone!!

Hi Everyone, I know I am kind of late for the party but I need to lose weight. We cruise in October but I don't necessarily have a goal for then. I need to lose 30 more pounds to be in a healthy range but have kind of slowed down now. I have lost already 20 lbs. since April 1st. I thought maybe being accountable and having a weigh in once a week was a great idea.

I am 51 and a diabetic. I have been so for 20 years but just 21/2 years ago started insulin. Since then I watch the number of units rise and rise and I finally said no, I am drawing the line. I started counting carbs and exercising which I wasn't doing. I am now off insulin, still on oral meds though, and I also have been able to quit my blood pressure medicine, which I wasn't expecting.

My motivation is my health, and it has been huge motivation. I have noticed a little bit of drop off from what I was losing though and I also notice a little more snacking happening. I need to nip this in the bud so I want to weigh in with all of you. I am hoping this will help me get more on track and not go backwards like I have done so many times.

Angie

Hi, I'm new. I gained a ridiculous amount of weight due to hormonal issues and three pregnancies in the last five years. When we booked our cruise back in March, I weighed 226 (5'8"). This morning I weighed in at 201, so that's 25 pounds in almost three months. Five more months to go before our cruise. My goal is 160, but I'd be thrilled with 150 or even 140. Our last cruise was October '13 and I weighed 195. I think I can beat that.

That's true! Better to stay the same than gain!! It is tough in the summer! I try to stay on track as best as possible!

DaiLina - That's the toughest thing for me - trying not to get discouraged! But one day at a time! Going to change the workouts a bit and see if that changes any.

Stay positive everyone!!

Yes, definitely one day at a time. Im changing up my workouts a bit also... Since I can only fit in 3-4 workouts per week I'm going to try to do at least 45 minutes instead of 30 minutes for a least 2 of those days...

Yes, definitely one day at a time. Im changing up my workouts a bit also... Since I can only fit in 3-4 workouts per week I'm going to try to do at least 45 minutes instead of 30 minutes for a least 2 of those days...

I only can workout 3 days a week also! We do 30 minutes of some type of DVD workout (usually the 21 Day Fix DVD's) then 30 minutes in the weight room! Leaving for a mini vaca Saturday so praying I stay on some type of track! Want to try and do some walking and use the gym (hopefully)!!

I only can workout 3 days a week also! We do 30 minutes of some type of DVD workout (usually the 21 Day Fix DVD's) then 30 minutes in the weight room! Leaving for a mini vaca Saturday so praying I stay on some type of track! Want to try and do some walking and use the gym (hopefully)!!

I do DVD workouts also! I try to rotate them though so I don't get too bored with them... I also try to walk/jog/run on the treadmill also.

I've been hearing a lot about the 21 Day Fix plan. Do you like it?

I know, I have a mini vacation coming up in 2 months also so I would like to get a few pounds off before then!

Hi, I'm new. I gained a ridiculous amount of weight due to hormonal issues and three pregnancies in the last five years. When we booked our cruise back in March, I weighed 226 (5'8"). This morning I weighed in at 201, so that's 25 pounds in almost three months. Five more months to go before our cruise. My goal is 160, but I'd be thrilled with 150 or even 140. Our last cruise was October '13 and I weighed 195. I think I can beat that.

Hi Monkey, I am new too. You and I are the same size and have about the same goals. Hopefully we can both reach those goals. I have started slowing down a bit now after 21 lbs. lost so I need to be adjusting my calories a bit. We cruise in 4 months so I am not expecting to get to 160 by then, I am not that ambitious!