Copenhagen Hop on/Hop off Buses

I read in Rick Steves Scadanavian Guide that there are 3 hop on/hop off lines in Copenhagen. He didn't explain the 3 different lines. Does anyone out there know where the 3 lines go in Copenhagen?

Mary Lou

there is a stop directly in front of where the cruise ships dock. the stops were the typical stops you would hope there to be. i think it was called City Sightseeing bus.

wwb

• 5 years later...

I read in Rick Steves Scadanavian Guide that there are 3 hop on/hop off lines in Copenhagen. He didn't explain the 3 different lines. Does anyone out there know where the 3 lines go in Copenhagen? Mary Lou

This may help you. I think he is saying the Ho Ho bus has three differnt bus routes. Check it out. Sounds like fun to me.

I'm thinking about buying my ticket before I go.

We are doing the NCL Aug. 14th sailing. :)

Copenhagen City Hop-on Hop-off Tour, Copenhagen Hop-on Hop-off Tours | Viator.

Here is another link:

http://www.sightseeing.dk/regado.jsp?type=page&id=96

This is for the same 3 tours that are covered in the link in the previous post. That link is from Viator which I believe is a booking agent. The link I provided is from an actual Copenhagen sightseeing website. They are both detailing the same 3 options. If you book ahead the Viator price is in dollars and the Copenhagen site is in Danish Kroners. It looks like the price is slightly better on the Copenhagen site and can be ordered in advance or once you arrive. I believe the Viator site requires that you order in advance.

Hope this helps.

I was not impressed with the HOHO bus in Copenhagen. They were few and far between and the last bus running back to the port broke down. What is worse is that I tried to buy tix online before I left but due to the enormous activity online re: Michael Jackson my request did not go thru. They charged my credit card 5 days later (while I was away on the trip) for $46. We are working with CC co. on that. The Green Line is the one with the most tourist stops i.e. Mermaid, Palace, Nyhaven, stroget etc. The others go further out. You can walk to mermaid from port 10 minutes, then another 5 minute walk to Palace, then another 10 to Nyhaven. Not a problem if you aren't mobility impaired.

• 3 weeks later...
I was not impressed with the HOHO bus in Copenhagen. They were few and far between and the last bus running back to the port broke down. What is worse is that I tried to buy tix online before I left but due to the enormous activity online re: Michael Jackson my request did not go thru. They charged my credit card 5 days later (while I was away on the trip) for $46. We are working with CC co. on that. The Green Line is the one with the most tourist stops i.e. Mermaid, Palace, Nyhaven, stroget etc. The others go further out. You can walk to mermaid from port 10 minutes, then another 5 minute walk to Palace, then another 10 to Nyhaven. Not a problem if you aren't mobility impaired.

We are departing August 11th on a HAL cruise. Can we take the Mermaid Tour to get from CIty Hall to where the cruise ships are docked? Which stop would that be? Thank you

We are departing August 11th on a HAL cruise. Can we take the Mermaid Tour to get from CIty Hall to where the cruise ships are docked? Which stop would that be? Thank you

That depends on where your cruise ship is docked. The Langelinie dock is pretty close to the Little Mermaid (but not with luggage), but the Freihavnen dock is not near the Little Mermaid. Cruise ships use both docks.

Sam

I read in Rick Steves Scadanavian Guide that there are 3 hop on/hop off lines in Copenhagen. He didn't explain the 3 different lines. Does anyone out there know where the 3 lines go in Copenhagen?

Mary Lou

I have also read about the City Cards. These can also be purchased online and you can choose 1 to 3 days, depending on the city. They cover public transportation and reduced or free entry to many sites. Copenhagen, Helsinki and Stockholm all have them. We head out on the Aug 14th Emerald Princess Baltic cruise and are thinking about getting these.

Had anyone had any experience with these?

That depends on where your cruise ship is docked. The Langelinie dock is pretty close to the Little Mermaid (but not with luggage), but the Freihavnen dock is not near the Little Mermaid. Cruise ships use both docks.

Sam

We will be at Freeport dock. Think I might just take the HOHO bus, get off, get luggage from hotel and take a taxi.

Archived