Bus vs. taxi?

CruisinQueen2013

I've seen some conflicting reports on using buses and would love some feedback from someone who has done it. We'll be there in a couple of weeks and would like to just get a ride over to the Royal Palms for the day. I saw the rates and everything on their website but not sure how to get there. I know it's too far to walk as we'll have our 2.5 year old with us as well. So, my question is, what's the best transportation to take - I'm not as concerned about cost, moreso about safety and it being efficient (not waiting around for the bus/taxi to be full and being able to find return transportation easily). Any feedback is appreciated!

The bus is cheap and easy....it runs VERY regularly, so getting back is a snap!...They are not big, city buses...more like extended vans....as "safe" as anything! The bus will not be "full", and if it should be, another one comes in a few mins!!! It's actually more efficient than a cab.

Edited by cb at sea

Board the bus at the main bus depot next to the Library on Edward Street. Edward Street is about two short blocks inland, running more or less parallel to the waterfront.

You can ask to be dropped off anywhere along the route. Similarly you can flag down a bus to be picked up anywhere along its route. Route #2 and #3 to West Bay pass by Royal Palms.