Miami.....but it Miami

NayRN

We (sister and I) are flying in to MIA on Friday, 9/18 and cruising out of Miami the next day. Our flight arrival was changed and arrival time is now 930 am. We've sailed out of Miami several times and have always stayed downtown. We are staying two nights post cruise at the Epic so we will be exploring Brickell then.

I am looking for advice for a new pre-cruise hotel (not South Beach) location. I don't know anything about Coral Gables or Coconut Grove (or other recommended area) and I'd like to stay at or less than $200 a night, but if it's really, really worth it, I'd be willing to go a little higher. We'd like to have sights to see within walking distance as well. I've been scouring Trip Advisor and other sights, but I trust the CC members who are from this area who are in the know!

Dreaming of warmth and sunshine (-9*F here with way too much snow).:eek:

We (sister and I) are flying in to MIA on Friday, 9/18 and cruising out of Miami the next day. Our flight arrival was changed and arrival time is now 930 am. We've sailed out of Miami several times and have always stayed downtown. We are staying two nights post cruise at the Epic so we will be exploring Brickell then.

I am looking for advice for a new pre-cruise hotel (not South Beach) location. I don't know anything about Coral Gables or Coconut Grove (or other recommended area) and I'd like to stay at or less than $200 a night, but if it's really, really worth it, I'd be willing to go a little higher. We'd like to have sights to see within walking distance as well. I've been scouring Trip Advisor and other sights, but I trust the CC members who are from this area who are in the know!

Dreaming of warmth and sunshine (-9*F here with way too much snow).:eek:

Take a look at the Courtyard Marriott Coconut Grove. It is on the water (across the street) and it overlooks the Marina and Biscayne Bay. You can walk to Montys and Scotty's Landing (both waterfront dining with great happy hours) plus it is just a gorgeous area. The tree lined streets are fantastic for walking or running. You are also a short walk from Cocowalk for some great shopping and dining.

Take a look at the Courtyard Marriott Coconut Grove. It is on the water (across the street) and it overlooks the Marina and Biscayne Bay. You can walk to Montys and Scotty's Landing (both waterfront dining with great happy hours) plus it is just a gorgeous area. The tree lined streets are fantastic for walking or running. You are also a short walk from Cocowalk for some great shopping and dining.

I knew I could count on you!! I was looking at that hotel...but wanted to make sure it was in a safe, walkable area!! :D

I know some people don't appreciate your upfront attitude about safe areas....but I certainly do!!

Edited by NayRN