Ever been on a carnival cruise on Easter?

jpinnc

...and surprisingly, people were REMARKABLY well-behaved for a 3-day booze cruise out of Long Beach! :D

I'm fairly certain it was because people were trying to be on their best behavior to honor Jesus. I'm not sure what Easter festivities they offered, but for whatever reason, it seemed like a nice, quiet time to enjoy a getaway.

We embarked on Easter on the Legend last year. Maybe because it was embarkation day there was nothing special but they didn't do a thing. We ate in the Steakhouse though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on the Legend a few years ago and embarked Easter day. We had the same experience - outside of the employees in the terminal wearing bunny ears (and the security guard pulling my little girl into the "naughty room" and making her cry) there was nothing remarkable done for the holiday. :(

We have cruised on Easter day every year for 4 years. We LOVE it! I guess you could say that is our Easter gift to everyone. They do have an easter egg hunt and the Easter bunny running around for photo ops. In the past I have bought those plastic eggs and put money in them for my kids in the room. They are so excited about cruising that they totally forgot about getting easter baskets. The only down side I've found is that cruise prices AND air fare prices are a lot more expensive. We've always just had to bite the bullet because that's when our "spring break" is.

We have returned on Easter day (Legend), so can't comment on the Easter day activities. However, just know that the ports you go into may have some differences depending on when you get into ports. We were in Roatan on Good Friday and though our tour was open and everything we wanted to go to was open, the beach was unbelievably packed with both tourists and locals. Part of the road was closed off to accommodate everyone and this lead to us having to be dropped off early and walk. Not a big deal for us, but just something you don't normally think about when you're on a cruise :).