A Question I've Never Seen Discussed Before

Cruisin Around

What,there isn't enough music on the ship???....JK icon_cool.gif...Sounds like he really enjoys his guitar..Just tell him to take a break from playing for ten days!! Maybe he can hop up on stage and play with band..As long as he knows how to play Rae-Gae!!!(spelling icon_confused.gif)..Have fun!!! icon_biggrin.gif

dreamward 1994

zenith 1996

norweigen 1998

zenith 2000

nordic empress 2002

zenith 2003

nordic empress?...2004

If i'm not cruising i'm fshing!!!

Thanks for all of your posts! Thanks to the internet, I have found a buddy that is going on this same cruise. Now, I haven't posed this question to her of lugging it on the ship yet! She lives a few hours away, so dropping it off to her would be out of the question, so I'd have to ship it. I'm going to contact AAA and see if there's a way I could take it to the bus terminal that our motorcoach would be coming out of and have it on the bus already. I have to talk to our agent about that. If all else fails, I may ask my new friend, but I don't want to burden her unless I've exhausted all other options! DH doesn't have a problem leaving his guitars at home (yes, that's guitars plural!) but I know that he would be absolutely thrilled to play a little while we're out and about enjoying a sunset and a pina colada! I will definitely keep all of you posted! Thanks so much for your interest!

Gina

• 2 weeks later...

When you are cruisin, and have leisure time that you do not usually have, it is great to have the things you like to do in said leisure time. I know everyone is having fun talking about kazoos and bagpipes, but this cruiser is serious, so please don't make fun of someone else's passion.

• 2 weeks later...

Gina, my husband plays guitar too and he is very attached to his guitar. If anything happened to it he would be devastated. So if you are going to sneak one on as a surprise for him, make sure it is someone you trust. When we went to the East coast for the holidays last year we learned that if we checked it that it wouldn't be covered by the airlines if there was damage. It was checked "at will." The other option would be to buy a ticket for it since it wouldn't fit in the overhead, or at least it didn't qualify as carry on. He left his guitar at home as it was not worth it to him to take the chance of having it damaged by the airlines and it wasn't financially feasible for us to buy a ticket for the guitar.

But your post has made me think to tell my husband that he might want to bring his guitar. Since we are driving and not flying to the port it is an option for him.

Good luck!

Lydia

Archived