Arcadia Cabins

Benjis

Can somebody tell me what the aft cabins on the Arcadia ie D182 etc are like. I have booked one and am now told that the balconies are in the shade and are quite dark. Wondering whether to change to B Deck.

quote.gif

Hi Benjis. Not sure about the cabins on D deck, but I stayed in one of the aft cabins on B deck (B150) last September and it was great. Good sized cabin and a lovely big balcony. I think some of the aft balconies on Arcadia are overhung meaning they are almost always in the shade and if I remember correctly they were particularly long balconies which those on D deck appear to be. I could be remembering incorrectly though, I'm sure someone else will be along to put us right!. Anyway I can say with certainty that you would have no problem with the balconies on any of the aft cabins on B deck. Happy cruising!

Hi everyone,

Just joined so please be gentle with me. Booked the above Suite for later in the year but cannot find any details about it. The nearest I can find is the opposite Suite B165 at 761 Sq Ft. It's an Aft Suite.

Can anyone help me with what it's like & what I can expect when I open the door?

Thank you.

Edited by whydidiwaitsolong
Forgot location of Suite

Hi Why. The St Tropez Suite was the cabin next door to ours (B150) when we sailed on Arcadia last September. I didn't manage to get a peek at the swanky suite (no matter how hard I tried:D) but I would think it would be the mirror image of B165. They both have massive wrap around balconies with, I think, sun loungers as well as chairs. I'm sure you'll love it. When are you sailing?

Hi Ellbell, Thank you for getting back to me - this is all new to me like Cruising hence my Log In Name.

Hope you had a lovely time last September - If you were coming the same time as us this time, I'd have let you in :)

We're going in October to the Caribbean - only our 2nd Cruise, went last May to the Med (On Arcadia) & wondered why we never did it sooner.

Thanks again. :)

Can somebody tell me what the aft cabins on the Arcadia ie D182 etc are like. I have booked one and am now told that the balconies are in the shade and are quite dark. Wondering whether to change to B Deck.

quote.gif

The aft cabins on D deck have very long but very dark balconies. Have a look at this page for some info.

Thanks for the replies and photo. Think I may have to stick with D Deck as it looks like all the rest have gone. At least the balcony will be bigger and if it is hot may be I will be glad of tje shade.

Benjis

I've had D186 twice out of choice plus stern cabins on A & B deck. There are pros and cons for D deck compared to other decks. Pros are the size of the balcony and the sheltered nature if the weather is very hot or wet. They also benefit from being soot free although this is not as much of an issue on Arcadia as some other ships. Main con for me was that the cabin was darker than those on the higher decks.

A & B decks are partially sheltered so you get the best of both worlds. However, if the sun shines directly onto the balcony it can be very hot.

The stern cabins benefit from very little wind compared to those on the side of the ship. Not on Arcadia, but I had a stern cabin while in Australia and for 5 days the sun was on the rear of the ship for a week and for most of that week, the balcony was too hot and as a result, the cabin was also hot even with the air-con on max.

• 2 weeks later...

We have E 186 for thev24 day. Transatlantic Caribbean cruise on Arcadia in October....wanted aft and at that price it was either A or E (B C D 186 were a bit more ) we chose E as A looked like it was overhung directly by the pool deck immediately above it. Any idea if E 186 is similar to D186 which you had?

[quote name=whydidiwaitsolong;45645080- If you were coming the same time as us this time' date=' I'd have let you in :)

We're going in October to the Caribbean - only our 2nd Cruise, went last May to the Med (On Arcadia) & wondered why we never did it sooner.

Thanks again. :)[/quote]

WE ARE on the same cruise in October, so maybe we can have a peek at your lovely suite!! :p We are also in an aft facing cabin deck E right in the centre. Starting to get more excited now we can see others on here on same cruise. It's our 7 th cruise in 10 years, 2nd time on Arcadia, 4th on P &O, but first time to Caribbean and first time ever been away so long. Maybe by the time we go we'll have a group here on the a Roll call I started. Keep in touch.

Viv and Pete

D deck cabins are completely covered by the deck above. We have sailed in a C deck suite twice and although D deck balconies are massive they are totally shaded, but also totally private.... A deck is directly below the pool deck so you are overlooked, B, C and E decks are overlooked also but you do have privacy further back on the balcony.

We love the aft cabins as we enjoy the wake as well as a better view when docking and leaving ports.

Hope this helps. Enjoy. [emoji4]

WE ARE on the same cruise in October, so maybe we can have a peek at your lovely suite!! :p We are also in an aft facing cabin deck E right in the centre. Starting to get more excited now we can see others on here on same cruise. It's our 7 th cruise in 10 years, 2nd time on Arcadia, 4th on P &O, but first time to Caribbean and first time ever been away so long. Maybe by the time we go we'll have a group here on the a Roll call I started. Keep in touch.

Viv and Pete

I've sent you a Friends Request Viv & Pete. Of Course you can visit 😊

Cabin B150 is our first choice cabin on Arcadia and B167 second choice, with the other balconies in between next. Great cabins and large balconies, about 1/3 in the shade from A deck above and 2/3 open to the sun. We spent 50 nights in B150 on a part World Cruise in 2014 and have booked B167 for our September cruise on Arcadia.

Sue

Cabin B150 is our first choice cabin on Arcadia and B167 second choice, with the other balconies in between next. Great cabins and large balconies, about 1/3 in the shade from A deck above and 2/3 open to the sun. We spent 50 nights in B150 on a part World Cruise in 2014 and have booked B167 for our September cruise on Arcadia.

Sue

We were in B150 on our first ever cruise last September. It was so good we booked it again for July/August Baltic cruise. We'll look after it for you:D

Elaine

• 3 months later...